Private Affairs

"So, how long have you and Draco been keeping that a secret?", Luna asks, one eyebrow raised, staring at me accusingly.
I know there's no point in trying to hide this from her. I mean I could attempt to conceal it a while longer but shes not stupid and she's far too good at reading people. If she didn't already have her suspicions i've basically handed her solid evidence with that little scene a few minutes ago.
"Please don't tell anyone", I plead.
"I have no intention of telling anyone (Y/N). I'm a bit upset you felt you couldn't confide in me though", She says gently.
"No, Luna it's not like that. It literally just happened and I hadn't even thought about telling anyone because i wasn't sure what i would even say", I admit.
"I understand. But in future i'll have you know i find out almost everything", She winks.
"I don't doubt you.", I laugh.
"So, do you want to tell people?", She asks.
This is something I haven't had a chance to really think about. I haven't completely comprehended how things would change. I'm not sure people would look at me the same, especially Harry. What about Ron? I mean i know Hermione would be fine with it but Ron and Harry are in no way on good terms with Draco, despite the party at the manor. Everything would change. Plus, the guilt i feel towards Cedric is sometimes overwhelming. Despite him being gone, i feel as though I'm cheating on him sometimes. I wonder if people would feel the same if they saw me with someone new?
"(Y/N)?", Luna says after a long silence.
"Its not that easy", I sigh.
"Why not?".
"Everything would change. I feel like i'd lose a-lot of peoples respect and to be honest...Im scared of that", I admit.
"I get it, it was hard for me at first to be so open about dating Blaise. I still get dirty looks from some of the Ravenclaws for being with a Slytherin. I even lost a few friends.", She explains.
"Luna, i'm so sorry i had no idea".
"Oh don't worry, its fine. You begin to learn who your real friends are. If someone truly cares about you, it wont matter who you date. They should want you to be happy no matter what. I'm better off without those people and you are too", She smiles.
"Thank you Luna", I say pulling her into a warm embrace.
"Whenever you're ready to tell people, i'll be right here", She grins.
"I really, really appreciate it. I'm so fucking glad you started snogging Blaise", I laugh.
"Me too. Not only do i now have the most amazing boyfriend but i have the most amazing best friend too", She says squeezing my hand.
My heart feels warm and fuzzy as i squeeze her hand back. I truly am so glad she met Blaise. It feels good to have someone know about me and Draco. Maybe telling people won't be so bad after all.

The common room is quiet tonight as most of the students are unpacking clothes and new Christmas presents. Dinner was uneventful, Theo and Mattheo made sure to say hello despite Dracos extremely uninviting expression. I told him about my brief encounter with Mattheo at the manor and let's just say he was not amused.
"No Luna tonight?", Draco asks Blaise.
"She's studying. She's so lovely and studious", He says dreamily.
Draco hits him with over the head with the book he's been reading.
"OI! This abuse has got to stop!", Blaise protests.
"Not until you stop waffling about Luna 24/7", Draco says, pointing a finger at him.
"Oh how i cannot wait for the day you fall in love. Then when you waffle about her all the time i'll have every right to kick you in the balls", Blaise says happily.
I glance at Draco who's expression is hard to read.
"Maybe i've already met someone", Draco says quietly.
He looks at me with hopeful eyes.
"Bollocks. Finally made up with Pansy?", Blaise teases.
"Fuck you. You don't deserve to know", Draco huffs.
"What about you (Y/N)? Anyone tickled your fancy recently?", Blaise asks.
Draco laughs loudly.
"No way did you just ask me if anyone has tickled my fancy", I say in disbelief.
"I did. Now answer the question", He says firmly.
"No comment", I wink.
"You two are no fun. I'm going to find Luna", He moans.
"I thought she was studying?", i ask.
"So? I'll just watch", He shrugs and gets up to leave.
"Im not sure if that's really sweet or just really creepy", I say, turning to Draco.
"Definitely creepy. Although...I wouldn't mind watching you study", He grins.
I look around the common room anxiously.
"Don't worry, no one's here.", He reassures, moving my hair out of my face.
He kisses me gently and softly. I could easily avoid a difficult conversation by kissing him back. But i can't.
I pull away.
"What's wrong?", He asks.
"Do you think we should tell people?", I sigh.
He looks startled, as if he hadn't thought about this before.
"Why should we?", He says.
"What do you mean?".
"Well, why should we have to announce it. They can find out themselves".
"How?".
"Well", He smiles cheekily, "If i were to do this in public". He leans in and kisses me softly on the lips.
"Or this". He takes his hand and places it in mine.
"Or even this". He kisses my neck passionately. It takes everything in me not to tremble under his touch.
"What do you think?", He asks, amused at how weak i've become at such little touch.
I nod.
"Yes or no?", He asks, clearly enjoying how flustered he's made me.
"Yes", I say.
"You're so pretty", He says out of nowhere.
"Thank you", I mutter without looking at him.
"Awh, have i made you nervous darling?", He laughs.
"Fuck you", I say.
"When and where?", He winks.
I slap him lightly.
"How dare you!", He says.
"You deserved it", I laugh.
He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him.
"You'll pay for that", He whispers in my ear causing electricity to travel through my entire body.
His lips crash into mine and i grab his hair as i push harder against him. The kiss is messy, sloppy. I need him and he needs me. Everything about him is perfect.
We're both so busy with each other that neither of us hears the door swing open.
"What the FUCK?!".
I pull away instantly and turn towards the door.
Blaise.