Planning Ahead

Weeks have past and nothing was said of the incident between Draco and I. Neither one of us mentioned it and to be honest, i was glad. I don't think i'm ready for that type of conversation. Apart from Draco, i had discussed the incident with one person, Hermione who i made promise never to mention it to anyone else. So far, she had kept that promise but it didn't stop her from nagging me about it every second of the day.

"Sooo...", She begins as we sit in the library together, late one Friday night while everyone is either partying or sleeping.
"If you bring it up one more time i swear...".
"Have you talked to him yet?", She pesters.
"No and i don't intend to. I really wish i never mentioned it", I sigh.
"Shush. You don't mean that. I really do think you should talk to him though".
"What good would that do?", I complain.
"Closure? Maybe?", She sighs. "Or even something else...",She grins cheekily.
"Ugh. There's nothing to get closure from. For all i know it could've just been in my head that he was going to kiss me!".
"(Y/N), I don't think you've gone that mental yet".
"Can we please just talk about something else?", I beg.
The conversations usually went like that and despite what i said to Hermione each time, i was and am still thinking about that moment all the time. It's hard not to when he's always so close to me. It's almost suffocating at times. I don't know what's wrong with me.

"Fuck me it's been a long week", Blaise sighs as he collapses into an armchair in the Slytherin common room a few weeks later, on a cold Friday night.
"Of school? Or of snogging?", Draco says.
"Piss off", Blaise says.
"Sorry, i wasn't quite sure", Draco says cheekily.
I can't help but laugh at his joke.
"Why the fuck are you laughing?", Blaise says turning to me.
"What? Is it illegal to laugh now?".
"When it's laughing at me then yes! It is!".
"But they're the only times i laugh", I say innocently.
Draco chuckles in the corner and this makes me smile for some odd reason.
"You two are bullies", Blaise insists.
"Sorry Blaise. Do continue your waffle", I say.
"Thank you. I was going to ask what you lot plan to do for the Christmas holidays".
"Oh", Draco says, looking at me.
Blaise cops on quite quickly. "Shit, i assume you'll stay with one of us (Y/N)?".
"I mean i can always stay here...".
"Absolutely not. You'll stay with me", Draco smiles.
My heart begins to flutter. I tell it to shut up and stop looking at Draco before i say something stupid.
"I might be staying with Luna this year", Blaise says cheerily.
"What? That's amazing!", I grin.
"I know. I think it's getting quite serious", He says, smiling widely, pure happiness spread across his face.
"Brilliant mate", Draco grins, "Not too much shagging though alright?".
Blaise rolls his eyes. "So immature. I'll try to keep the shagging to a minimum for your sake Malfoy", He laughs.
All i can think about is Draco and I, all alone in the Malfoy manor for two long weeks. Im excited yet scared. Excited to be with Draco of course but terrified of his parents and what they might do. Of course i haven't spoken to anyone about this concern yet. Even though i should have ages ago.

It's the week before the Christmas holidays and I decide it's finally time to confront Draco about my problem.
I find him outside the common room one night and i decide it's the perfect time.
"Draco".
He turns around, slightly startled.
"What's up? You scared me", He grins.
"I wanted to talk about Christmas", I say.
"Oh? What about it?".
I look around at the hundreds of students commuting.
"Maybe somewhere more private?".
"Sure. Astronomy tower?", He says.
My heart burns slightly, remembering our past times spent with one another up there.
"Sure".
We walk up together, barely speaking which is good because i have time to think about what i'm going to say. Once we finally reach the top we sit down.
"So, what's up?", Draco asks.
"Well...i was just thinking lately about your parents and i've come to the conclusion i can't stay with them at Christmas. It's too dangerous considering everything that's going on right now, they might alert my parents or worse...I'm really sorry...", I ramble.
"(Y/N)", He looks at me amused. "Yes?".
"My parents won't be home with us. They're staying elsewhere...I assume with fellow death eaters...", His face drops suddenly. "Anyways, my point is you can still come, that is if you want to.", He says.
"Yes!", I say a little too eagerly.
"Yes?", He laughs.
"Yes i want to. Of course. It beats staying here any day", I grin.
"Perfect. We'll have the whole house to ourselves and we can go out and stuff...you know maybe we could go to London together i was thinking? Just a thought", He says and his pale skin turns slightly more rosy, making him appear less intimidating.
"I'd love that", I smile widely, feeling quite happy up here with Draco, just being next to him.
"So, is that it?", He asks.
"Yes that's all. We can go back down now", I say quietly, not wanting the moment to end.
"We don't have to, i just thought you might be cold". His eyes glimmer as he stares at me.
"I'm fine", I say, oblivious to the fact that i've been shivering since we got up here in the cold air.
"You're not", He laughs. "Let's go back down", He says and he holds out his hand to help me up. I expect him to let go, but he doesn't.
He looks at me and both of us seem to be willing the other to let go, but neither does.
So we walk down the windy stairs hand in hand, not a word spoken the whole way down.
It's the strangest thing. No words communicated, yet so much said.