The After Party

The first task was probably one of the scariest moments of my life. I had to sit through two of my most loved people fighting off a fire breathing dragon and i wasn't even allowed to help them. Thankfully, neither of them was injured badly. Harry and Viktor tied for first place, and Cedric came second. I was incredibly proud of him and Harry which i told them over and over again as we walked back to the Gryffindor common room for the "first task after party". Apparently it's an old tradition but i think this is just an excuse Fred and George came up with to have a party.
Harry and Cedric cling onto their golden eggs tightly as we walk.
"Any idea what it's for?", I ask.
"Has to be some sort of clue", Harry says.
We walk in a threesome, me in the middle of both of them with their hands draped around me like a happy family. I suddenly become aware of Harry's arm on my waist. I haven't told Cedric about Harry's confession yet. I probably should but...not now. Definitely not now. He looks so happy and they both are getting along so well.
I promise myself i will tell Cedric. Just not yet.

The Gryffindor door swings open, to the noise of obnoxious music and loud cheering as the two champions enter. It smells like liquor and smoke and a weird herbal, woody smell drifts into my nostrils.
"HERE THEY ARE!", Fred yells.
"MY IDOLS!", George screams and they grab both Harry and Cedric into a pile of screaming girls and boys.
Cedric kisses me on the cheek as he gets dragged away.
"Sorry baby, Ill see you soon", He grins.
I smile and let him go. I cant expect to have him all to myself, especially since he's a Triwizard champion now.

I look around the room. It seems as though everyone in our year and above is here. A few younger kids have managed to sneak in and i laugh to myself as i watch them trying not to look suspicious.
Viktor Krum is here and he appears to be talking to Hermione.
She spots me and waves and i look at Viktor and then her and i wink. She rolls her eyes at me but she begins to blush. "Cute", i think to myself.
Ron is engulfed in the mosh pit that has been created for Harry and Cedric.
Fred and George are in the centre of course and Neville Long bottom lingers on the outside as if he's terrified for his life. The beauxbaton girls seem to stick together no matter where they go and they travel the party in clusters of three or
more.
Blaise is helping himself to more beverages with Mattheo and Theo who are passing a mysterious looking brown cigarette back and forth. Maybe thats where the smell is coming from...
Someone taps me on the shoulder.
I turn around.
"Hey!".
That sickly sweet voice.
Pansy fucking Parkinson.
I don't even bother to open my mouth to greet her, i just nod my head and grit my teeth into a sort of smile.
"I just wanted to thank you", She says looking cheerful.
"For?", i mumble.
"For what you said to Draco of course!", She laughs at me like i'm stupid.
"Excuse me?", i say speaking clearly now.
"Well we've been getting along really great and it's all thanks to you", She smiles sickeningly.
"Meaning?", I say trying to stay calm.
"Well we talked and he told me he liked me too. Well ...he didn't really say it he just sort of kissed me. He's more of a physical being", she says day-dreamily.
My heart is pounding and not in the good way.
My eyes dart to Draco across the room who's talking with Blaise.
How fucking dare he.
I'm burning and i'm sure that everyone can see it. How can they not? I'm practically on fire. This is insane. This is ridiculous. This is fucking preposterous. He told me he didn't like her and now he's fucking kissing her? And on top of that he gets mad at me for having a boyfriend and not telling him and now he's snogging Pansy fucking Parkinson and didn't even bother to fucking tell me. This is really something. My head is buzzing and all i can see in my mind is Draco fucking Malfoy standing up on the astronomy tower with his fucking hands wrapped around her and i want to jump on top of him in front of everyone and slap him across his smug little face like he deserves. There's no way he likes her. No way. He's doing this to get back at me for not telling him. He is so immature.
"He doesn't fucking like you, you stupid cow", i say in my head.
"Well thats great Pansy", I say smiling forcefully. My voice is shaking now.
I take a shot glass from one of the tables and pour myself a large helping of whatever liquor Fred and George have managed to sneak into the castle.
"Thats really, really great", I say downing it, not even flinching. I cant feel anything except this burning sensation all over my body. I feel ill, i feel as though someone is choking me.
I pour another shot.
"Thank you. As i said...it's all thanks to you", She says with that sick smile spread across her face like a fresh tattoo.
I down it without flinching again.
"I think i'm gonna go...", she begins as she glances down at my shot glass. Is she scared of me? She should be.
"Before you go Pansy", I grab the bottle now, and take a massive swig. No one except me and Pansy notice because the room is so packed full of people.
"I hope you know", i put the bottle down. She steps away from me slowly.
The rooms a tiny bit fuzzy now as I step towards her but i maintain my balance.
"That Draco Malfoy", I pause and look into her eyes.
"Is going to break your heart into a million tiny little pieces", I whisper, my eyes wide.
She stares back at me.
"You're wrong", she says.
"Don't say i didn't warn you", i grin.
"How the fuck would you know anyways?", She shouts.
"You're just jealous".
I smile widely. I feel like i'm going insane. I'm not jealous. I'm just fucking angry. Angry because my best friend is a liar.
"I'm just trying to be a good friend", I say innocently.
"Isn't that what we are? Friends", I look her up and down with disgust before making my way over to Cedric who is now talking to Harry across the room. Pansy stands there as i leave, her teeth chattering like a mad man.