The Trap Door

They follow me as I walk hurriedly down the halls and up the changing staircase.
"(Y/N)!", Ron shouts.
"Where are we going!".
"We need to go to the stone!", I shout without turning back.
"What? Why?", Harry exclaims.
"Snape is going to go there tonight. If we don't go now it'll be too late", I explain.
"(Y/N)! Stop for a minute", Hermione demands and I stop suddenly.
"How are we going to get past the dog", she says logically.
"Don't worry about that. Snape put a charm on the harp so it's playing itself. It puts the dog to sleep".

I slow down gradually as I reach the corridor and I look behind me.
Ron's leaning against a wall panting as Hermione tugs on his cloak sleeve to hurry up.
We reach the door and I stand before it.
"I'll go first", I whisper keeping in mind that we're not meant to be up here in the first place.
I open the door slowly and it lets out a creak.
I step in, Harry, Hermione and Ron following.
Ron shuts it with a bang and Hermione whacks him with her idle hand. She has her wand out ready to use if necessary.

I look at my feet to see I'm standing directly on the trap door.
"So, what now?", Ron gulps staring at the drooling three headed dog.
"We open it and get the stone", Harry says candidly.
I bend down and open the trap door slowly watching the dog as the door makes noise.
I stare down into and gasp. There's a long black tunnel inside the trap door. I was expecting to see the stone. I should've known, Dumbledore would've used extra secure protection for the stone.
"Bloody hell! We can't go down that.", Ron shouts.
"Shut up Ronald", Hermione bellows but even she has the look of fear in her eyes and the four of us stand looking down at the gaping black hole.
"We've got to. It's the only way", Harry whispers.
"I'll go first", I decide, "Then I'll shout up to you if it's safe to come down".
"(Y/N) are you sure? I can go first I don't mind", Harry starts but I interrupt him.
"Thank you but I have to do this. I brought you all here after all. This was my idea".
He nods at me and I look over at Hermione who gives me a reassuring smile and Ron whose eyes are still firmly focused on the hole.

I lower myself down and sit at the edge of the door.
Then I whisper, "On three".
I feel my stomach tighten inwards and my mouth becoming dry. It feels like I'm trying to swallow sand.
"One", Ron starts.
"Two", says Hermione gently.
"Three", Harry shouts.
I push myself off and suddenly I'm falling. I'm falling so fast I don't have time to think. I scream and flail my arms about hopelessly until I eventually drop onto my back painfully. I'm laying on a bumpy textured ground. Merlins beard that hurt.
"Come down!", I shout up to them as I rub my sore back.