Orientation

It's a Saturday which means it's Hogsmeade day. The trio and I decided this is the perfect opportunity for a meeting or should I say the DA's "orientation".
Draco, Blaise and Luna decided they were going to accompany the trio and I on the walk down. I hadn't bothered to mention this to them as I knew they'd all have something to say. Ginny also decided to tag along.

"Ready?", I ask as Blaise and Draco come down from their dormitories. Luna is already here and waiting with me.
"All set", Says Draco, planting a kiss on my forehead as I get up to greet him.
"You two are so cute", Luna beams.
"Don't encourage them", Blaise tuts.

Outside, the gardens are filled with students getting ready to walk down to Hogsmeade. I wonder which of them are coming to the meeting. It could be anyone.
"(Y/N)! Luna!".
I see Hermione running towards me and she embraces me and then Luna. Over her shoulder I see Harry, Ron and Ginny. Ron flashes me a toothy grin and Harry stands there awkwardly, looking around as if he doesn't want to make eye contact. Ginny hugs me tightly.
"Hello", I say to Harry.
"Hi", He says coldly.
"You alright?".
"Fine".
"Good to see you lot again", Blaise says cheerfully.
"Yeah, it's been a while mate", Says Ron.
"It has. We'll have to get drunk together again sometime", Blaise says.
Draco rolls his eyes, "Not in my house".
"Of course not. I reckon we crash Hermiones next", Blaise jokes.
Hermione chuckles at this, "You lot wish".
The awkward tension seems to drift away as we set off on our walk.
Blaise, Ron and Luna travel behind us all making party plans. Hermione and Ginny lead the way and Harry seems to linger off to the side on his own as me and Draco walk together.
"You okay?", I ask him, noticing he isn't speaking much.
"I'm fine. Just a bit nervous that's all. About being caught", He says quietly.
"Don't be. We won't get caught I promise you. Hermione has it all planned out.", I smile reassuringly.
He takes my hand in his which shocks me, we have never held hands in public before.
I squeeze it tight, hoping I can transfer some of my calmness to him.
I look around trying not to seem too pleased with myself and I catch Harry's eye. He looks down at our hands, intertwined and rolls his eyes angrily.
"Seriously? Letting the whole world know are we?", He spits.
Everyone stops chatting and walking upon the raising of Harry's voice.
"What?", Is all I can think of to say.
"At this point you're doing it on purpose.", He continues.
"What's your problem?", Draco says dropping my hand and stepping closer to Harry.
"What's yours?", He says staring at Draco with malicious eyes.
"You're pathetic", Draco spits.
"You and I both know you won't last. You don't deserve her".
Draco clenches his fists but remains calm.
"It's not my fault she chose me. Not used to not getting your own way are you? Entitled shit", Draco laughs.
Draco steps back and grabs my hand, shielding me from Harry.
"Harry i'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner-", I try to defend myself but he's not listening.
"Stop. I don't want your sympathy", He says, sadness in his eyes.
He walks on, leaving us all behind.
I try to follow him but Draco pulls me back.
"No", He says, a stern look in his eye.
"He's right. Leave him alone. He'll calm down and feel stupid later", Ron sighs.
Everyone begins walking again. Me and Draco hang back.
"I told you he was in love with you", Draco says.
"I knew for a while", I admit.
"What? When?", Draco asks, alarmed.
"Don't worry, it was way before you and me. He just confessed his feelings to me. It wasn't anything special.", I explain.
"I'd hope not", Draco says.
"I'm with you for a reason Draco", I say and I kiss him deeply, feeling him smile into my lips.
"Okay, I believe you.", He grins.
"Let's catch up with the others".

Hermione has brought us to what looks like an abandoned pub. To my surprise as she opens the door, it's not. There's a few, very drunk looking old wizards sitting around the place, and a bartender who disappears as we enter. It's dark and damp and very uninviting.
"Lovely. Everyone's going to think we've brought them here to kidnap them", Ron says.
"Oh, shut up. Its deserted. A perfect place for a secret organisation", She rolls her eyes at him.
"That's actually really smart. Well done Hermione", Blaise says and Hermione blushes at the compliment.
We all sit down, waiting for other people to enter the pub.
Fred and George are first.
"Hello, hello", Says George.
"This place is...interesting", Says Fred looking around.
"Shut up and sit down", Ginny snaps.
"Lovely hospitality as well", George jokes but nevertheless he sits down. The twins start chatting to Harry as more people come in.
Cho Chang, Lavender Brown, Hannah Abbott, Neville Longbottom, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnegan and The Patil Twins are just some of the many people who join us.
"There's more then I expected", I whisper to Draco.
Once people seem to stop arriving, Hermione begins speaking.
"Hello", She coughs nervously. "So we all know why we're here, we need a teacher. A proper teacher. One whose had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts".
Some squishy faced blonde boy interrupts rudely and asks, "Why?".
"Why? Cause you know who's back you toss pot", Ron says in disgust.
"So he says", He continues.
"So Dumbledore says", Hermione retaliates.
"So Dumbledore says because he says!", The boy shouts.
"The point is where's the proof?".
Hermione goes silent.
A boy with long, black hair speaks up. "If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed...".
I stand up suddenly. "No one here is going to talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here I suggest you fuck off now.".
There's a stunned silence.
The boy looks ashamed to have asked. "Im sorry, I forgot you were his-".
"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Voldemort last year. That's why we're here. To fight back against someone who took away someone who was good and honest and true. If you're not here to learn, or to fight, leave now", I say sternly.
No one moves.
"Good. No more interruptions until the end of the meeting".
Harry and Hermione both talk about what kind of stuff we were going to be doing and at the end of it all Hermione asks people to sign up on a sheet of paper.
Fred was the first to sign, then George, then Neville, them Seamus and so on. Before we knew it everyone who had shown up had signed and we were left with a very full sheet of paper.
"This is amazing", Luna smiles.
"We can finally start to fight back", Hermione smiles widely.
Even Harry looks cheerful
"This is it", I think to myself. This is the beginning.