( 𝟎𝟒𝟔 ) late night chats

—  NATE NEVER FELT STRESS LIKE HE did when Zoe left the prison and he wasn't able to be with her and ensure that she was okay

—  NATE NEVER FELT STRESS LIKE HE did when Zoe left the prison and he wasn't able to be with her and ensure that she was okay. Ever since his girl was taken by the Governor with Glenn, he had a constant fear that something else would happen to her, and it made him stressed to the max; he knew that he was being stupid, and his behaviour was uncalled for, but he just couldn't help it. He had never loved a girl like he did with Zoe, and he would rather take a bullet than let anything happen to her. Zoe knew that Nate was just anxious that something was going to happen with the Governor again, no matter how many times she had reassured him that she was okay, and if she got the chance she would put a bullet in his head, Nate still had the same worry. Nate wanted to be the one to kill the Governor, he wanted to make him suffer for what the man did to his girlfriend, and he wanted to make that suffer last - he wasn't usually a violent person, but he was towards the people whom hurt the ones he loved. And the Governor hurt the love of his life, physically and mentally, and he wanted to make the man pay for what he did.
But Nate knew that Rick should be the one to kill the man - Rick was the leader, he made the decisions and he made all of the calls, he respected the man. If Rick wanted to be the one to put a bullet in the Governor in the back of his head, then Rick was going to be the one to do that..

When Zoe finally returned from her trip with Rick, Carl and Michonne, Nate was over the moon, his mood immediately shifting towards happiness now that his girlfriend was back home. Not only that, but they had mountains upon mountains of guns, the group now having enough to defend themselves against the Governor and his people, and everyone couldn't be more glad.
"How was the trip?" Nate asked Zoe, as the two walked into the prison with a duffel bag each in their hands, filled to the brim with guns and grenades, all sorts that Nate hadn't even seen before. They must have had a large police station back at the Grimes' home town to be able to bring all of this back.

Zoe nodded her head, "It was good. I mean, we didn't get to see my old house 'cause some dude burnt it on, but I found this." She told the boy, pulling out the old and worn out photo frame which held the photo of herself and her other friends, Zoe, with pink hair. Nate couldn't believe how strange it was to see this girl in a different lifetime, one where they could actually shower freely, and the girl was even wearing makeup, not that she needed it, as she was absolutely gorgeous. "They're my friends, I used to go to school with them until everything went down, Jake was my best friend, but I found him as a walker in his house, I guess he never made it out alive." The girl explained, as the two walked into the prison.

Nate sighed, knowing that it must be hard to find your friend like that, he wouldn't exactly know much about that, even before all of this shit went down, he didn't have many friends, he was known as the weird kid who's dad beat him and his brothers, so no one ever really wanted to talk to him. That's how he liked it, though. He had never been someone who liked to have a lot of friends, he was someone who stuck to themselves, except now, he had a family, people he also considered his friends. "I'm sorry." He told Zoe, noticing that the girl had a sad look on her face as she looked at the photo. It must be hard to know that everyone you knew before all of this was now gone.