( 𝟎𝟑𝟐 ) the talk with carl and lori

—  ZOE COULD TELL THAT CARL WAS acting strange, and she knew that he had been like it for a while, now

— ZOE COULD TELL THAT CARL WAS acting strange, and she knew that he had been like it for a while, now. Ever since witnessing Shane come back as a walker, the boy had changed, and she hated to admit it. He liked to think that he was grown up, now, and that he could take care of himself without any help from the others, and that wasn't good. He was acting reckless, and he thought that he didn't need any help from the group. Zoe knew he was growing up, and she was quite sad about it - he was her little brother, and he will always be her little baby brother. She just didn't want him acting this reckless now he thought he could handle it. So, when he came back to the cell block with a duffle bag full of medication, having gone to the infirmary without bringing anyone with him or even waiting for their dad to get back first - it was dangerous, and Lori wasn't happy about it, one bit. But, when Carl snapped at their mom, shouting at her, Zoe wasn't happy with her little brother. Squeezing her mom's hand softly with a sympathetic smile, as Lori looked like she was about to cry, she got up and followed Carl out of the cell where everyone was, her anger rising up at the fact he had upset their pregnant mother. "Carl!" She shouted out, jogging to catch up with him as he stormed out of the cell block to get some privacy.

Carl stopped in his tracks, sighing in annoyance at the fact she had followed after him, as he wanted to be alone, before turning to face his sister, "What, you're going to give me a lecture, too?" Carl snapped at her, fed up with everyone treating him like a child when he wasn't, he thought that he was clearly able to do the things his dad did.. Zoe scoffed at his rude tone, knowing that she wasn't her mother and she wasn't going to take this from him, she never will take this from him, she didn't deserve it. She grabbed his arm, making sure not to hurt him too much, and dragged him to a private area, where the others couldn't hear them both and they could talk. "What are you doing?" He asked, "Get off." He snapped, trying to pry his arm out of her grip, having no success with his efforts.

Once they were in a room away from the others with Hershel, she shut the door, before turning to him with her arms crossed in annoyance, glaring down at Carl. "I get that you think you're growing up and don't need help anymore. I get it." She began, "But if you talk to mom like that again, you're gonna wish you hadn't." She told him sternly. She didn't like that she was being harsh to her younger brother, but she needed to get it through to him that his behaviour wasn't on, and that he couldn't talk to Lori like that, and he couldn't treat her like garbage, she was still their mother, and he had to treat her with respect. "I know mom and dad are on the outs, and I get it, that you've taken dads side. But that does not mean you can treat mom like shit, okay?" She ranted, as Carl looked to the floor in guilt, avoiding her eyeline, ashamed that he had upset her, "She's pregnant, with our sibling, and she doesn't need your attitude right now." Zoe said, knowing that her mom was going through some stuff and it wasn't good for the baby.

"Are you done?" Carl asked, looking back up at her with a bored look. He just wanted to leave and be alone.

Zoe scoffed, "No." She told him, "No I'm not." She said, pointing towards the door and to where Hershel was currently lying, near death, "Hershel's in there right now fighting for his life because he got caught by a walker, with the whole group. You don't go out on your own, you bring someone with you no matter what, do you understand me?" She asked him, wanting to get it through his head. Since her mom wasn't able to give him a lecture, she took it upon herself, not wanting Carl to be so stupid with recklessness. Carl needed to understand that he couldn't just wander off on his own, or go and get some resources on his own - it was dangerous, especially if it was just him on his omen. She didn't know how he hadn't realised that by now with the amount of time they had been trying to survive in this hell of a world. "Carl." She snapped, when he wasn't answering her, letting her know that he understood her.