( 𝟎𝟐𝟗 ) taking the prison

—  ZOE HAD BECOME USED TO RUSHING away from a certain area at this point, whether she and the group would find someplace they thought was safe, that was all ruined when a group of walkers would come and ruin it

—  ZOE HAD BECOME USED TO RUSHING away from a certain area at this point, whether she and the group would find someplace they thought was safe, that was all ruined when a group of walkers would come and ruin it. So, when the group had to rush away from the house they had found, once again, she didn't feel anything, and neither did Nate, they simply followed the others in attempt to find their next safe place. The car ride was silent, while the couple sat hand in hand.. They didn't feel like they needed to talk, with the two of them practically being able to read each others minds at this point, having spent so much time together.
After trying to figure out which direction the group should be going in, to try and avoid the two herds that threatened to trap them in, Rick and Daryl had headed off for a hunt to see if they could find a reliable source of food, mostly for Lori and the unborn baby, when they stumbled across an abandoned prison that looked like it hadn't been touched since the outbreak had first occurred.
Everyone was sceptical at first, not wanting to waste their already low supplies on getting into the prison and taking the walkers inside out, but when Rick had explained what he thought the prison could bring, they eventually all agreed. Zoe still went with what her father always suggested, just like she had always done, even before the outbreak. She may not be on best terms with him, or her mom for that matter, not wanting to get in the middle of whatever they were going through, so Zoe tried her best to ignore the two of them when she had a chance, knowing more problems would arise if she didn't.

So, at the moment, the group were silently trekking through the woods and towards the fence outside of the prison, staying back as Rick got his pliers out and cut a hole in the fence for everyone to get through, making sure to make as little noise as possible with the amount of walkers around. Everyone stood around in a small circle, with their backs to each other, sticking close, except when a walker would come too close, and someone on the outside would quickly deal with it. When Rick finally got the gate open, one by one, the group would make their way through, before Glenn quickly shut it off with a strong wire of their own, before they all jogged through the gated area, getting to the main entrance.

"It's perfect." Rick spoke up, looking at the field in front of him, picturing a perfect place for him and the group to reside in without the fear of being overrun again. "If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by night." He explained.

"But how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asked.

Zoe looked at the gate her father was referencing, and knew that it wasn't a stretch for her to run their quickly and shut it, after all, she was great at track when she was in high school before the outbreak, one of the best in her team. "I can do it. I'm fast, I'll be able to get in, shut the gate, get to safety in no time." She explained to her father, wanting him to be able to trust her with something big like this.. She knew she could do it.