( 𝟎𝟏𝟗 ) the truth from lori

—  ZOE HAD NOTICED THAT HER MOM was acting different, and she had noticed that a while back

—  ZOE HAD NOTICED THAT HER MOM was acting different, and she had noticed that a while back. However, it wasn't her place to order questions from her, so she simply kept her mouth shut, just like she had back at Atlanta with her mom and Shane having a fling. She wasn't one to judge, she and Nate had been going off by themselves at least once every few days, and no one had questioned it; the two hadn't told anyone that they had even kissed multiple times, they just didn't know how the group would react. It was early in the morning, that Zoe sat, watching as the sun rose, with a frown on her face. She had been debating all night, wether or not to tell her mom that she liked Nate. It was beginning to become too hard to keep secrets from her mom, since she had always had a great relationship with her, they told each other everything. Ever since the world went to shit, they had become distant, and they didn't spend time together like they used to. However, Zoe gathered that it was time for a change..

The second she saw her mom around the camp, sorting out the washing, she headed towards her in attempt to talk. "Morning, mom." She greeted, walking up to Lori, watching as her mom yawned, it looked like she had barely gotten any sleep.

Lori turned around at her daughters voice and smiled down at her, needing nothing more but her company. "Morning, hunny." She said, giving her a small hug, "Have you seen your father?" She asked, as she had heard Rick sneak out this morning - ever since she revealed that she was pregnant the night before, she hadn't spoken another word to him.

Zoe furrowed her brows in confusion, as her mom knew where her dad was mostly all of the time. "I haven't, why?" She asked, wondering if the two were in some sort of fight. With how distant the two had become lately, it wouldn't surprise her, it seemed that all they had been doing lately, was argue on the sidelines. But, what they didn't know, is that Zoe saw everything.

Lori shook her head, "Nothing." She answered, hoping that Zoe would stop asking questions. "Is there something you need?" She asked Zoe, as her daughter mostly spoke to her when she needed something. It had been a while since Zoe had willingly approached her for something other than needing her clothes washed.

"No." Zoe admitted, watching as her mom looked confused that Zoe was even talking to her. "I figured we could talk?" She asked. Lori was extremely happy inside at her daughters words; there was nothing she needed more, than spending time with her only daughter. She had been feeling extremely lonely lately, and Zoe will definitely prevent that feeling coming back to Lori.

"That would be great, Zo." Lori replied, hanging up the last piece of clothing before fully facing her daughter with a smile on her face. Maybe today would be a good day, after all.

The mother and daughter-duo, had found a nice bench far away from the camp, that was placed in front of a nice view of the farm, and took a seat next to each other. In Zoe's opinion, this encounter felt awkward at first, as the two had barely spoken since Zoe had been able to finally walk around after being shot. She hated that it felt like this with her mom, and that's why she was going to try and change that.
With some small talk and an update on how the two had been settling in on the farm, Lori sighed, feeling awful that she was keeping something so big from her only daughter. Lori knew that Carl was too young to understand what was going on, but Zoe would understand completely, as she was seventeen, after all. "I have something to tell you." She finally revealed, turning around in her seat and taking Zoe's hands in her own.

Instantly, Zoe's heart began to beat faster, not knowing what her mom was going to say. With the tone she had used, it didn't sound good, and she instantly started panicking. "What is it?" She managed to get out, unsure of what her mother wanted to tell her.

Lori took a deep breath in, with this being the first time she had actually told anyone - everyone that knew about her pregnancy, had either guessed it, or had been told by someone else. Lori wanted to make sure that she was the one to tell her daughter, and no one else. "I'm pregnant" She revealed, after a few seconds of silence between the two.

Zoe's eyes widened as soon as she heard those words, and she couldn't believe what she had just been told. Her mom.. Pregnant.. She blinked multiple times, frozen in her spot from the words that had come out of her mothers mouth. She would be having another sibling. Maybe even a little sister. She couldn't even hold back the excitement at this thought.
"Oh my god, mom, that's amazing!" Zoe eventually said, after a few seconds of the girl being in complete shock. Lori was more surprised at Zoe's response than anything else, she didn't expect Zoe to be excited, or even happy that she was pregnant. In Lori's eyes, bringing this baby into the world was a bad choice, and she wasn't even sure if it would have a good life with the way the world was today. It just proves that Zoe is her fathers daughter. "How long have you known?" She asked Lori.

Lori shook her head, "Not long." She answered, her eyes tearing up that her daughter had taken this news so well - it was making her more confident about keeping the baby. At first, she thought that Zoe wouldn't be happy with the fact that she was pregnant, but that was proved wrong when she saw how her daughter reacted.

"Does dad know?" Zoe couldn't help but ask. She had another question burning in her mind, but she didn't want to insult her mom by asking it. Although, she did want to know. "Is it.. Is it.." She began to say, only for Lori to interrupt her.

"It's your fathers." She answered for Zoe, not wanting to talk any more on the subject. "All that matters, is that it's your fathers." Lori said again, putting her hand on Zoe's shoulder to look her in the eye.

"Does he.. Does he know?" Zoe asked, unsure if her mom had actually told Rick about Shane back at Atlanta. She knew why her mom did it - she wasn't angry at her mom for it, after all, they did all think that Rick had died; they were all grieving. Lori didn't know that Rick was going to come back. Lori nodded sadly, wiping away a small tear that had fallen from her eye, causing Zoe to instantly hug her mother. "It wasn't your fault." She said, squeezing her mom, "We all thought he died, mom. You can't blame yourself." She said.

Lori nodded at her statement, before wiping away all of her tears and forcing a smile on her face. "You know I love your father, right?" She asked Zoe, as she nodded. "You, Carl and your father mean the world to me, and so does this baby. I want you to remember that." She said.

"I know." Zoe said, nodding. She, of all people knew how much her mom loved her family - it wasn't hard to see.. "Since we're both crying and admitting things.." Zoe began, wiping her own tear away that had managed to escape, "I have something to tell you, too." She said.

"You're not pregnant too, are you?" Lori joked, making Zoe crack a smile.

Zoe shook her head, "No." She chuckled. "It's about Nate..." She began, only for Lori to interrupt her once more, by putting her hand up.

"I already know about you two, if that's what you're going to tell me." She told Zoe with a smile on her face, letting her know that she wasn't upset with her. Lori had seen personally, how Nate had been treating her daughter, and if it wasn't that way, she would have stopped the relationship a while back. She liked Nate, and she was sure that Rick did too. When she noticed Zoe's surprised expression, she laughed, "You don't think I've seen the two of you together? Or when you two would sneak off into the woods during your hunting trips?" She asked.

Lori only allowed Zoe on those trips because she trusted her, Zoe was a smart girl, and she knew that she wouldn't do anything stupid. Liking Nate Dixon, wasn't a stupid decision.

Zoe laughed slightly at her mom's statement, "I really like him, mom." She admitted, looking up at Lori with teary eyes. Never in her life, had she ever met someone that made her feel the way Nate made her feel - she never thought she would find it, especially with the world how it is now.

"I know." Lori said, allowing Zoe to lean into her touch. "I know."