( 𝟎𝟒𝟐 ) replaying woodbury

—  ZOE SAID THAT SHE WOULD EXPLAIN everything to Nate once they got back to the prison and everything had calmed down, after all, the boy had literally left his own brother to be with her and the others back at the prison, and he was her other half

— ZOE SAID THAT SHE WOULD EXPLAIN everything to Nate once they got back to the prison and everything had calmed down, after all, the boy had literally left his own brother to be with her and the others back at the prison, and he was her other half. As much as she didn't want to revisit what had happened to her in there, Nate deserved to know what the Governor had done to her, and she wanted to explain what had happened so he wouldn't get the wrong idea. The only reason why Zoe hadn't told him now, was because her dad was in the car with them, and there was no way she wanted him knowing what had happened with the man; she hated to imagine what Rick would do once he found out what the man had done to his daughter, he was already still dealing with Lori's death, and the birth of his child, he didn't need this added onto everything else happening right now. So that's why she didn't tell him; she would wait until they get back to the prison, she will sit Nate down and tell him everything, no matter how much she didn't want to relive the moment, she just couldn't keep it from the man she loved.

The group sat in complete silence as they drove down the road and away from Woodbury - no one exactly knew what to say to one another. They had lost one of their own, another had left them, and one was severely beaten to the point where he could barely walk, what could be said? Even Rick, the leader of the group, didn't know what to say, and so he, too, stayed completely silent. Even when they had to get out of the car so they could clear the road to get the car moving again, not another word was spoken, Zoe moved by Maggie's side as they headed towards the empty beaten down truck, just as a walker fell out of the passenger side, straight onto Glenn. Everyone pulled their guns out in preparation to shoot the walker, only to see that he had shoved the walker onto the ground and started slamming his foot down on their head, Glenn grunting in pain as he did so. Zoe had never seen Glenn like this before, it was like he was seriously pissed odd about what had happened back in that town - how couldn't he be? He felt so guilty that he didn't stop the Governor from touching his best friend; all of that, and when they went back in, the man lived, after everything he did. "You didn't kill him." Glenn told Rick, as the man approached him to find out if he was doing okay.

Rick looked taken aback at what Glenn had said - considering that the boy had been so against killing people since he had first met him, to think that the Governor had changed him this much, scared the man. "That's not why we went back." Rick told him, after a few seconds of silence.

Zoe watched anxiously as Glenn clenched his jaw in anger, and she was keeping her fingers crossed that he wouldn't say anything about what the Governor had done. Nate stayed close to her, unsure as to why Glenn was acting like this, the same as Rick, the boy wasn't acting like himself. "No. That's right. You went back for Daryl. And now he's gone again, and the Governor is still alive." Glenn snapped at Rick, annoyed at his choices in running this group, he believed that they should have gone back in their to kill the Governor, and nothing else.