( 𝟎𝟑𝟖 ) seperation anxiety

—  EVER SINCE ZOE HAD LEFT THE prison, Nate couldn't get the girl out of his mind; he hadn't been away from her since the farm days, and he didn't like the fact he didn't know how she was doing, and if she was okay

—  EVER SINCE ZOE HAD LEFT THE prison, Nate couldn't get the girl out of his mind; he hadn't been away from her since the farm days, and he didn't like the fact he didn't know how she was doing, and if she was okay. Obviously, he knew that Glenn would take good care of his girl, but it didn't stop him from worrying about her safety. Nate guessed that this is what it was like to be whipped - he didn't know, he had never been in a serious relationship before Zoe, after all, he had grown up watching his abusive fathers short lived relationships that never lasted, he didn't know what any healthy relationship looked like. But he knew for a fact, that what he and Zoe had, was good.

He stayed back in the cell block whilst Daryl went searching for Carol, or her body, as he just wanted to find some closure if the woman was really dead. Everyone seemed to be in the dumps after what had happened with the horde taking over a part of the prison - but the baby was making that a lot better than they would be if she wasn't there. Beth could sense that Nate was uneasy, as she watched the boy pace in front of her constantly, keeping his crossbow raised in case of any trespassers that came by. He would constantly be brushing the hair out of his face whenever it would get in his way, and he would lick his teeth as he glanced around the room; Beth was watching this whole time, and she could tell that he was worried for Zoe. "She'll be okay, you know." The girl finally decided to speak up, shaking the baby gently as she tried to get her back to sleep.

Nate looked over at the girl, knowing she was right; Zoe was a tough girl, she could handle anything that was thrown at her, but did that stop him from worrying about her? No. He would always worry about Zoe Grimes, no matter what. "I know." Nate nodded, giving Beth a small smile in appreciation for the girl trying to make him feel better. He was agitated, and he couldn't even hide it. Nate liked Beth, the girl was a good friend of Zoe's, and he didn't even mind her, she was a nice girl..

Just as he said this, Daryl, Carl and Oscar came back into the room from their search, and went back to their things, whilst Carl sat next to Beth and the baby, and Daryl headed straight for his little brother, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. Daryl knew how much Nate hated being away from Zoe for a long amount of time, and he knew that the kid was finding it hard, so all he could do, was be there for him, like Nate had done for himself so many times.. Nate nodded in appreciation, wondering if he was that easy to read as everyone could sense he was worried and agitated. He felt stupid at the fact he was being so silly, as everyone had been assuring him that Zoe could handle this run with Glenn, and he knew that, he just couldn't get rid of the constant worry that something was going to happen to her, and he wouldn't be there to save her..

A few minutes later, Daryl was shocked to see that Rick had entered the room once again, this time, looking much more sane than he had before. And the man headed towards his baby in Hershel's arms for the first time, before finally taking the baby girl in his arms, knowing that it was his, and nothing could change that. This was his child. Nate smiled at the sight and couldn't help but wish that Zoe was here to see it, knowing that she would have loved to see her father finally come out of the dark pit he was trapped in. It made him think, that maybe everything will be okay after all..