( 𝟎𝟎𝟔 ) the bite mark

—  ZOE FELT NUMB

—  ZOE FELT NUMB. THE FACT THAT the person she had considered her best friend throughout the whole apocalypse, and the end of the world was now dead, and she couldn't do anything about it. She died from a walker taking bite into neck, and no one could do anything to save her, as it all happened so fast; in a few hours, she will wake up as one of them, and she wouldn't be the same girl everyone knew anymore. She was heartbroken, along with Andrea. The following morning, those who had survived the catastrophe had helped clean up the camp and drag any dead bodies into two separate piles, one for their own people and one for the walkers who had attacked. Zoe hadn't even said thank you to Nate yet, but she would have to do that when she next saw him.

Zoe could never be thankful enough at the fact he had saved her life, if it wasn't for him, she would probably be one of them things right now, trying to eat her own family. Because of Nate, she was still alive and breathing, and not one of those things that their only thought was to eat. After Lori had spent the morning fixing the deep gash on Zoe's forehead and making sure that it didn't get infected, she made her way to Andrea, to try and convince her to let them take Amy's body away, before she turned into a walker, only Andrea didn't move a muscle when she tried to talk to her, still shocked that her sister had died in her arms.

After the group had reconciled away from Andrea, to assess what she may do next, Rick had finally made his way back to the group, after attempting himself. It seemed to be dangerous to go near, as she had pulled out a gun on Rick, but everyone knew she was hurting. She didn't mean it. "She still won't move?" Rick asked, as Lori sat back down next to Zoe and grabbed her hand. It had been a while since he had last tried to get through to her, and that had ended terribly, with a gun aimed at his head.

"She won't even talk to us." Lori sighed, looking towards Andrea in sorrow, knowing that she would be acting the same if any of her family had passed away due to a bite. "She's been there all night." She told Rick, looking up at him with a sad look.

"What do we do?" Zoe then asked her dad, as Lori placed her hand on her lower back, knowing that Zoe and Amy were close - she hated that her daughter had lost one of her closest friends, they had told each other everything. "We can't leave Amy like that, she doesn't deserve that." She told him - Amy was a good person, she didn't deserve what had happened to her, and she didn't deserve to come back as a walker and try to eat her own sister, she knew that Amy wouldn't have wanted that. She liked to think that she knew the girl well enough..

"We need to deal with it same as the others." Shane commented, looking towards Rick with a knowing look. Zoe slightly flared at her godfather, not liking how he had said it like it didn't matter what happened to Amy, and that they had to deal with her the same as the others. Amy was a sweet girl, and deserved the best. It made her think that Shane was loosing his humanity in this new world. Before the outbreak, Shane had been one of the most caring person that Zoe knew. He and Rick had the best friendship, and the two of them were the best cops that the town had ever seen - they were known as being the two best friends in the force, and Zoe loved that. Everything seemed different, now, and she didn't know what to think about it.