( 𝟎𝟐𝟑 ) the car crash

—  ZOE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO ACT when Nate wasn't at the camp, she didn't exactly have anyone to talk to, not when Glenn was off with Maggie, and her mom was too occupied with Shane

— ZOE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO ACT when Nate wasn't at the camp, she didn't exactly have anyone to talk to, not when Glenn was off with Maggie, and her mom was too occupied with Shane. She didn't know what to do with herself. It made her wish she had gone with him, but she knew that her dad wouldn't have allowed that. Ever since Atlanta, the two had been inseparable, and Zoe hadn't exactly spoken to anyone else at the camp much other Nate, for some reason, she just felt the need to be near him all of the time, and she was sure that Nate felt the same way about her. Lori obviously wasn't happy that Rick had left the farm to go after Hershel, hell, neither was Shane, but Zoe knew that Hershel had opened his home for all of them, if she could have gone to look for him, she would have in a heart beat.

The Greene's didn't have to open their home to their group, they could have sent them away, and they didn't, which meant they were worth saving. Obviously, Zoe wouldn't actually say this to her mother, as, lately, it seemed like Lori didn't listen to anyone if they disagreed with her. With her mom and dad arguing most of the time, she didn't want to add to that and stress her mom out, as it wouldn't be good on the baby, so she simply went along with what Lori said, agreeing with her, even though she didn't. Rick knew what Zoe was doing, and he appreciated it greatly - he could never thank Zoe enough for everything she has done.

The only thing Zoe could do for the Greene family right now, was look after Beth, but even then, she didn't know what she could do for her, the only person that could help her, was Hershel, and he still wasn't back yet. "What're we gonna do?" Zoe asked her mom, as they stood in the hallway, watching over the bedroom that Beth and her family were in. They both knew that they had to do something, they couldn't just sit around and wait for the men to get back, that wasn't how this should work.

Lori was deep in thought, when she gave her daughter a look, "Will you look out for Carl for me?" She asked her, placing both of her hands on her daughters shoulders. Zoe wasn't stupid, she knew what this meant - she was going to go off without her, and with Lori in her current pregnancy state, there was no way that she was going to let her go alone.

"I'm not letting you go off on your own." She told her mom, watching as Lori gave her a look of confusion, not used to being told off by her own daughter. "Not with your current state. We'll go together and see what the hold up is, and we'll be in and out like no one even knew we were gone, okay?" Zoe asked, hoping to god that her mom would agree with her plan. Zoe knew for a fact that Shane wouldn't be happy with the two of them leaving the farm, or Dale for that matter.. But she didn't care, she would rather go with her mom, than let her go on her own and risk the baby.

For a few seconds, Lori stood debating wether or not her daughter was right, and in the end, she knew that Zoe was right. That, and she knew that the girl wasn't going to take no for an answer, after all, she is her daughter. "Fine." She sighed, knowing that she was going to have to go along with Zoe's plan. The girl smiled in victory, as Lori then asked Andrea to watch over Carl, before they both decided it would be a good idea to ask Darl if he wanted to go with them, after all, he was a better shot, and stronger. Zoe didn't mean to avoid Daryl since their time at the farm, as it was Nate's brother, she should be trying to get along with him just like he had been doing with Carl - but Daryl was someone who didn't want to be friends with anyone, he was someone who liked to be alone.