( 𝟎𝟔𝟕 ) the throwdown

TW: attempted rape

— ZOE SLEPT. SOMETHING SHE DIDN'T think would happen for a while yet, but when she woke up, she felt more energy than she had since the prison got overrun; when she woke up, she realised that she was snuggled up to her fathers side, the man having moved over to her side when he saw her drifting off. It felt like when she and Carl were much younger, and they used to cuddle from time to time, and Zoe didn't realise that she had Rick's arm around her until she came back to reality, and when she did, she gave her dad a grateful smile, knowing that he was the reason as to why she slept in the first place. The day had gone by pretty smoothly after she woke up, actually being able to cook their food that they managed to catch — Rick had even taught his kids how to set up a trap, and everything was going well, even catching a rabbit to cook later. The four of them had planned to stay at their small and secure campsite for at least another two days to rest for at least another two days, it had been their plan, until Carl had ran off and attracted a group of walkers their way and they had to get out if there as soon as possible.

Walking was now Zoe's least favourite thing to do; it felt like she had been walking for days straight with no rest or any time to relax, since the prison fell, all Zoe had been doing was walking constantly, and she was exhausted because of it, and couldn't wait to get to Terminus. Rick, Carl and Michonne seemed unbothered by the constant walking and hardly any rest, but Zoe definitely wasn't. "Thought maybe there'd be some houses down this way." Michonne told them, sighing as yet, another empty long road came into view, no houses in sight. "Maybe even a store.. There's got to be some food around here somewhere." She added, mostly talking to herself. Zoe could barely even concentrate on what the woman was saying due to how tired she really was.

"Hey, look." Carl spoke up, gaining Zoe's attention again as she looked onwards and saw an abandoned, run-down car, further down the road — it was the first car they had seen for miles, and it was still in one piece, meaning that they could use it to rest and get some more energy back after all of this walking. Whilst the boys looked at the car to ensure that it was empty, Zoe and Michonne headed towards the squashed walker on the ground, only it's head and arms viable; Michonne pushed her sword through its skull as Zoe cringed at the sight, still finding it gross how the disease worked and kept the muscles working for them to move, still. But, when the girl looked around at their surroundings, she sighed in relief when she realised they could finally rest.

Zoe had never been more annoyed with herself when she leaned back against the back car seat comfortably, and couldn't bring herself to sleep, yet again, seeing the two mens faces in her mind, taunting her, knowing that they were haunting her nights. The girl never thought that she would allow any man to haunt her, she had been able to get through The Governor, and these two men weren't going to be any different, although, it would be easier if she was in a secure location, with an actual bed, and Nate, she just needed to feel his touch, to heal.. Zoe hated thinking anything of Nate, since she knew that she wouldn't know a single thing about his whereabouts until they reached Terminus; it was the same with the rest of their group, as Rick was positive the others would all hear there too, when they see the signs all along the railroad — they won't know anything until they get there officially.