( 𝟎𝟑𝟎 ) hershel's bite

—  EVERYONE IN THE GROUP WERE EXHAUSTED, but they had to push on to try and find the supplies that they all knew were in this prison somewhere

— EVERYONE IN THE GROUP WERE EXHAUSTED, but they had to push on to try and find the supplies that they all knew were in this prison somewhere.. Especially since Lori was so close to giving birth, finding the infirmary was the best thing they could do at the moment. Zoe and Nate had barely had enough time to rest before they had to get up and get ready for the next task at finding more supplies and hopefully some food, due to the fact that they hadn't been able to eat much since the farm was overrun, the group were on their last legs.
Using the gear they had found from the walkers wearing the riot gear, they had all geared up so they had more protection over the walkers they were about to kill. Zoe was nervous about heading through some thin hallways she had no clue about, but she knew that she had to do it for her mom. She faced away from Nate as he tightened her bulletproof vest onto her chest, watching as the others did the same with their own gear. Once that was done, she did the same for him, listening to her dad explain to Carl why he couldn't come along, and why he had to stay here and look after the others.

It was nice to see that Carl had grown up and now wanted to protect the group as much as he could - but he also needed to realise that none of this was a game. It was real life, and it was scary. He only wanted to prove himself and that itself, would cause trouble.. After Rick gave Carl the keys, the group headed out. Zoe didn't spare her mother a glance before leaving, not thinking much of it, nor did she realise that it hurt Lori; but it didn't matter at the moment, all they needed to do was find the supplies and head back immediately. She wasn't exactly happy about doing this and wanted to get it over and done with.

The second the group had left the main block they resided in, they all hushed, not making any noise due to the loud echos in the hallways. Rick took the lead, shining his flashlight around every corner to get a good look at where the group had to go; this was one of the most riskiest thing they had to do, and they all needed to be completely alert. Zoe stayed close behind Nate, who stood close to Daryl, as they ventured forwards. She felt Maggie close behind her as they turned the corner, shining their lights forwards onto the floor, only to see that there were guts on the floor, being eaten by dirty rats. It almost made Zoe gag at the sight, and also the smell that drifted towards them all. Half of the bodies were simply bloody stained skeletons from the amount that they had been eaten by the walkers who resided here - and it was disgusting. The whole group cringed in disgust as they carried on forwards, keeping as quiet as they could.

Maggie and Zoe stayed close together, as Glenn spray painted the wall with an arrow so they all knew which way they had to go back to get back to the others. Only, when Maggie screamed slightly at Glenn banging into her, she pushed Zoe back into Nate, who instantly held her up. She turned around and gave Nate a nod, indicating that she was okay, and that it was just a fright to hear Maggie screech. Zoe had to push the thoughts back of this horrible place, as they ventured forwards again with Rick as the lead. With one more swift look around the corner, they moved forwards again, keeping their lights up and their weapons drawn in case of any danger.