( 𝟎𝟔𝟓 ) meeting new people

— ZOE DIDN'T REMEMBER MUCH AT all, when the prison was overrun with walkers and the Governors men trying to take over, in fact, she didn't remember at all; all she could remember from that time period, was running through the woods to try and get ...

— ZOE DIDN'T REMEMBER MUCH AT all, when the prison was overrun with walkers and the Governors men trying to take over, in fact, she didn't remember at all; all she could remember from that time period, was running through the woods to try and get away from the walkers whom were after her, the only thought going through her mind behind to survive. When she first saw her father in the house on the end of the street, she felt hope that the rest of their family would be there, too, but she was quickly told otherwise, and her hopes had quickly vanished with any happiness she once had left. The girl had this idea in her head that if she found Rick, he would know where everyone else was, and have some kind of idea on how to find the others, but the man hardly had any more hope than she did, and it sucked. Not only had Zoe been worrying nonstop about her family, but she now had killed two men for survival, and every single time she closed her eyes at night, she saw them both looking back at her.. She couldn't sleep at all, and she knew for sure that she wasn't going to be able to do so for a long time, and as much as her father told her that it was she had to do what she did to survive, it never made any difference to how she felt.

Hershel was dead. The Governor killed him in front of everyone, and Zoe was incredibly glad that she hadn't seen it, as it would haunt her dreams even more than the men she killed. Rick, Carl and Michonne hadn't seen anyone else make it out of the prison other than the bus of the unwell and children, and no matter how much Zoe had tried to help her father remember what had happened to Nate and Daryl, the man just couldn't remember them getting out — so, not only did Zoe have her nightmares about those men, but worry also plagued her mind on where her other family members were. The four of them had set off on the road as quickly as they could after bumping into the group that had attacked Zoe previously; Rick didn't feel an ounce of guilt for what they had to do to get out of that house, especially since they had hurt his daughter and had planned to do much worse than kill her, and to hear them talk about her the way they did.. He wanted to kill them, and he was satisfied that at least two of them were dead.

Ever since finding the sign claiming that there was a sanctuary up ahead, the four of them had been on the move, knowing that if anyone else in their group had seen the same sign at all, they would be headed that way, too, and hopefully, they would all meet up eventually and figure out a new plan of action. Zoe was exhausted from constantly walking, especially since she hadn't slept at all since the encounter with the men; even with Carl cuddling up to her every single night, nothing could rid her mind of its thoughts and worries, as well as the nightmares. And Rick was constantly worrying about the girl and the fact that she sat up all night and stared into the distance — then, when they were walking along the train tracks, also, the girl would stay silent most of the time, not even smiling, and they all knew that there were a lot of reasons for that, they just didn't know how to help her.

The nights were the worst, though, because everything was silent and there was too much activity and emptiness for her mind to wander, and when it did wander, it went to how her family had been split up; how one of them were confirmed dead, and the others.. Well, they didn't know what had happened to any of them. Zoe couldn't handle the fact that Nate could be gone, and she didn't want to handle that, either, because she knew that she would break without him by her side, she would loose her everything. As the girl sat against a tree with Carl fast asleep on her lap, she watched her father as he sat on watch across from a sleeping Michonne, the man always refusing to let Zoe sit on watch as he wanted her to rest herself, but no matter how hard she tried to shut down her mind, she couldn't, and Rick knew exactly why his daughter could barely shut her eyes at night. Before the outbreak, he had taken his first life when he was on duty, and it was in self-defence, just like his daughters kills, too. "You can't keep blaming yourself for what you had to do. It will eat you alive." The man finally spoke up quietly, careful not to wake up his son and Michonne.