( 𝟎𝟕𝟕 ) back to atlanta

-  WHEN DARYL SHOWED HIS face again in the church, without Carol by his side like she always was, everyone instantly thought of the worst possible thing, that the woman could be gone, but when they heard the whole story, it was much worse

- WHEN DARYL SHOWED HIS face again in the church, without Carol by his side like she always was, everyone instantly thought of the worst possible thing, that the woman could be gone, but when they heard the whole story, it was much worse. They knew where Beth could be, in Atlanta, where it all began, but Carol had been taken by the same people that had taken Beth, and they practically had to gear up and get them back. Every time they defeated people that were after them, more came from around the corner, and it seemed like this was happening all over again, another threat arising just after getting rid of their last one. From what Nate had described to Zoe, Beth helped him out a lot during their time together after everyone was split up, and Zoe didn't want to let Beth suffer - she liked the girl, they had always got on well, and she was family, they needed to get her back no mater the cost, and Zoe and Nate didn't waste any time volunteering to go with the small group that were getting ready to leave.

The second that Rick heard Zoe volunteer to come along with him and a few of the others to Atlanta along with Nate, he was instantly unsure about the whole thing, not wanting his daughter to leave the safety of Michonne, since he couldn't be looking out for her whilst they were out because he would be concentrated on getting Carol on Beth back, but if he knew anything about his daughter, is that she was as stubborn as he was, if not, even more because she had a lot of Lori inside of her. After his daughter announced that she wanted to go along to Atlanta, Rick didn't waste any time pulling her aside as Nate spoke with Daryl in a hushed tone about what had gone down before Carol was taken by these people. "Are you sure you don't want to hang back with Carl and Judith? Make sure they're safe?" He asked his daughter, not wanting to sound condescending, but also wanting the girl to stay behind where she would be safe, and where he would be convinced that Carl and Judith would be safe and he didn't have to worry about them both.

"Dad, this is Carol and Beth we're talking about. I want to go and help." Zoe told Rick, not knowing why he wouldn't want the extra hand out in the city. None of them had been to Atlanta since the beginning of this whole outbreak, and they didn't know how dangerous the whole place could be, they needed more people to go with them in case anything went south. "You guys need all the help you can get." She added, watching as he began to consider the idea of her coming along in his head. Zoe could read her dad like a book, but right now, she couldn't actually tell what he was thinking of, and she couldn't tell why he didn't want her to come along. When in reality, it was just because Rick couldn't bare the mere thought that his daughter could get her again, not when she had been through so much.

When her father never wanted her to help out, or to let her come on hunts with them, it made her believe that she wasn't good enough, and she hated it, she hated that he didn't trust her, that he didn't want her out there watching his back. In reality, that's not at all what his mind was going through, he trusted his daughter with his life - even if he had Judith now, he still had Zoe, and he still loved her with all of his heart. His two daughters, and his son, were the highlight of his life, he would be nowhere without the three of them, he wouldn't want to live without all of them alive, he knew that Zoe was the best person to watch his back, he trusted her with his life, he just.. He didn't want to loose her. "I know, and I know. I just.. I don't want you getting hurt. I can't live with that." Rick admitted - it had been a while since he had let himself feel much other than keeping everyone safe, and pure anger, but right now, he knew that letting his daughter know his true feelings would be the best thing to do, since she was the kind of girl that would overthink everything until she knows the truth..