( 𝟎𝟐𝟐 ) the aftermath of sophia

—  NO ONE IN THE CAMP WERE the same from the events that happened in the previous day, everyone still couldn't believe what they had seen come out of the barn

—  NO ONE IN THE CAMP WERE the same from the events that happened in the previous day, everyone still couldn't believe what they had seen come out of the barn.. They didn't want to believe what they had seen. Ever since the group had found Sophia as a walker, the group had barely said another word to each other. Zoe went back to Nate's tent after the barn incident, and she didn't want to leave his side. She hadn't exactly left the tent ever since that day, and she didn't want to - he made her feel safe, and she didn't want that feeling to go, especially in a world like this. Zoe wanted to hide away from the world even more when she found out they had to leave the farm - and didn't know what they were going to do now, as Lori was pregnant.. They couldn't be travelling in the caravan with her mom in this state, especially when it came to food, she would need all of the nutrition she needs for the baby. Even Nate had begun worrying about what they were going to do - especially since it was stressing Zoe out. Since Hershel had told them to pack and leave, he had been needing to be there for Zoe, making sure that she was okay, as the last thing he wanted, was for her to be okay.

Everyone in the camp could tell that this was hurting Rick more than anything else - he had been the one to make the call on the search for Sophia, when all along, she had been in the barn. But, everyone knows that it wasn't his fault and he couldn't have known. Zoe knew that her dad was someone that took other people's pain in like it was his own - it was something that the Grimes all had in common, and it wasn't a good trait to have, especially in a world like this. If Rick was the leader, he needs to change his ways.. You can't save everybody.
"The ceremony is in a minute." Nate told Zoe, popping his head into the tent, to see her in the same place he had left her when he left earlier in the morning to sort out the bodies with the others and bury the ones they knew. When she simply nodded at him, with no other words, he sighed and laid down next to her, allowing her to cuddle his body, "This was no-ones fault." He told her, as he stroked her hair, "No one knew that she was in there, especially not your dad." He said. He knew that Zoe had been worried about her father, but even more about being kicked off of the farm - they had all gotten on so well here, it would be a shame to have to move on, especially since Glenn had found something in Maggie, Hershel's daughter.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked, not bothering with anything else he had mentioned, the only thing running through her mind right now, was if her mom was going to be okay, and if they were going to be able to look after her. "We can't leave. We have nowhere to go, we don't have a reliable food or water source, my mom's pregnant, Nate. Hershel can't kick us out." She rambled, as he carried on playing with her hair in attempt to relax her.

"I know." He said quietly, also thinking the same as her - although he hadn't spoken much with Lori, or Rick for that matter, he cared for them deeply, along with Carl, because they were Zoe's family, and he would do anything to keep her happy. "Maybe when she tells him, he might change his mind." Nate spoke, having some sense. Surely, a religious man like Hershel wouldn't kick out a pregnant woman onto the street? All Rick had to do, was tell him.