( 𝟎𝟎𝟖 ) the cdc

—  THE GROUP WAS LED INTO THE building of the CDC slowly, with Rick and Shane in the front, with their guns held high in case anything were to jump out or cause them any danger

—  THE GROUP WAS LED INTO THE building of the CDC slowly, with Rick and Shane in the front, with their guns held high in case anything were to jump out or cause them any danger. It was a risk coming in here, but they had to take the risk in order to find out if it was safe. "Daryl, Nate, you cover the back." Shane ordered, as they all made their way into the main room, everyone's eyes narrowed in suspicion, making sure to keep them peeled in case of any danger.. Zoe stuck near Carl, still keeping a tight hold on his hand, making sure he didn't go anywhere or run off, knowing the boy.

"Hello?" Rick called, looking around the dark building, leaving them all vulnerable, "Hello?" He repeated, when there was no answer.

At the back corner of the room, a man finally stepped out with a rifle in his hands, aimed up at the group that had just entered where he resided, "Anybody infected?" He called out, looking over at the group of men, woman and children. He looked like he was in his forties, and as if he hadn't had an inch of sleep in days. Which is normal with this world now - Zoe couldn't remember the last time she slept soundlessly, not even when her father had come back; she still felt like she had to sleep with one eye open, and she hated it.

"One of our group was." Rick calmly told him. "He didn't make it."

The man nodded, "Why are you here?" He asked Rick, looking over at the women and children, knowing that he could trust them because of this, "What do you want?" He asked.

"A chance." Rick answered, keeping the group hidden slightly behind him, in case something were to happen in any moment. Even if this place seemed safe, they couldn't know for sure, and still had to act safely.
He just wanted the group to be safe, and he hoped that this was the right place to come - if it wasn't, he didn't know what they were all going to do, they had barely any gas left and couldn't risk going back to Fort Benning, they would run out before they even reached there, and that would leave them stranded, being the last thing they needed.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man sighed, obviously being defeated from this world.

"I know." Rick confirmed.

This was when the man took another look at the group in front of him, making sure to look over everyone and trying to judge them, before eventually sighing. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He told them, still keeping his gun up in case they disagreed. He knew that he had to let them in - there was no way they were going to go back out there, that's for sure.

"We can do that." Rick answered immediately, not hesitating to do so. If anything would make them safe, he'd do it.

The man finally lowered his gun at Rick's answer, "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." He announced, as he walked forward, as some of the boys began to run and get everyone's bags from the cars. As everyone was in after bringing all of their things back into the building, the doors were finally shut, meaning that there was now no way out, "Vi, seal the main entrance, kill the power up here." He announced.