( 𝟎𝟕𝟔 ) the end of terminus

— EVERYTIME ZOE AND NATE thought that they were safe, or safer than before, something else always happens, and they could never catch a break

— EVERYTIME ZOE AND NATE thought that they were safe, or safer than before, something else always happens, and they could never catch a break. Bob was dying, not only had he been bitten, but he was missing a leg, and the poor man was suffering more than he should be, more than he deserved. He may have had a rough start with the group, with his problem with alcohol, and the fact that he had tried to bring alcohol back to the prison instead of medicine for Zoe and the others, but he had more than proved himself since then, and he was one of them, the fact that he was going through something like this broke everyones heart, and they wanted the people that had done this to him, to suffer, like they had done to him. Never in Zoe's life did she think that she would have met people that like to eat other people, but after seeing the group from Terminus, she believed she had seen the worse of the new world, and she would rather face a walker than Gareth.

The group were getting ready to go and take out the group from Terminus due to what they had done to Bob, and Nate couldn't wait to take Gareth down and take back what was his. The ring. The ring was supposed to be with Zoe, its supposed to be on her left ring finger, and the fact that it was instead in that mans pocket, bugged Nate to no end, and he just wanted it back. Rick had come up with a pretty good plan to take down Gareth and his people once and for all, and it was a pretty good one, that Zoe and Nate instantly took a liking to, except for the part where they had to split up for the plan to work. Obviously, they weren't going far, just far enough that Gareth would believe that they had gone after him, but either way, Nate didn't like it, having sworn to himself that he wouldn't leave the girls side ever again, especially not after what happened with the group they were with before. "It'll be fine." Zoe reassured Nate, seeing the look on his face and frowning, "You'll just be around the corner, it'll go smoothly, I know it." She tried to convince him, knowing that he was anxious about leaving her side.

She felt the same, she didn't like being away from him anymore, and now that Daryl was gone, he was even more on edge, but this was just something they all needed to do, and once it was all sorted, they can stick together again. "I know, but I don't like leaving your side." Nate replied, pushing a strand of hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear, letting his hand gently run down her face, "No matter what the occasion." He added, as Zoe gave him a sad smile. He knew that she didn't want to leave Carl and Judith's side, even if they were safe behind the locked doors, they were her family, and she needed to keep them both safe. That's what he loved most about the girl, the fact that even in the worst situations, she thought about her family first, rather than herself. She was selfless.

"It won't be long." Zoe said, leaning up on her tip toes and pressing a kiss to the mans lips, lingering for a few seconds, before pulling away and handing him his gun, which he slowly took, sighing as the others began to make their way out of the church and into the darkness.

"I love you." Nate whispered, the couple close to one another again and in their own little bubble, feeling like they were the only two people in the room once again.