( 𝟎𝟑𝟕 ) run in with an old friend

—  GLENN HADN'T QUESTIONED ZOE ON HOW she was feeling after everything that had happened, and she was incredibly grateful that he had given her the silence she so badly needed

—  GLENN HADN'T QUESTIONED ZOE ON HOW she was feeling after everything that had happened, and she was incredibly grateful that he had given her the silence she so badly needed. The girl was fed up of everyone giving her sympathetic stares, or watching out for the girl in case she were to breakdown at any moment now. Zoe realises now that death happens to everybody, and it just happened to take her mother away sooner rather than later. It happens. They had to move on, Lori would have wanted that for her kids, she wouldn't have wanted them to mope around and kick themselves over the whole thing. So that's what she was going to do. And the way to start, was going on a run with Glenn to find some more supplies for her sister; anything to help..

As they pulled up outside of a small shop, Glenn turned the car engine off and glanced over at Zoe uneasily, still having second thoughts about her coming along, and wether or not her head is going to be in the right place. What if she got distracted and was bitten? He couldn't let that happen. Zoe sighed, when she felt Glenn's eyes on the side of her face, "I'm fine, Glenn. You don't need to baby me, I've had enough of that from Nate." She told her best friend, looking over at him with a look of disbelief, she really thought that he would be the last person to second guess her..

Glenn looked down at his feet in guilt, now feeling bad that he had double guessed his best friend. He couldn't help it - he knew how close Zoe and her mom were, he wouldn't blame her if she did have some sort of mental breakdown. Glenn could tell that this trip meant a lot to the girl, though, so he didn't mind bringing her along and watching her. "I'm sorry, Zo." He eventually apologised, as Zoe sighed in annoyance, "I'm just worried for you, is all. I don't want you getting hurt." He said, now looking up at her as she frowned at his words, knowing that he had ever been this protective of her before, and they had known each other since the beginning of the apocalypse.

"Is this you talking, or Nate?" Zoe couldn't help but ask, knowing that her boyfriend probably had something to do with the fact that Nate didn't want her coming here with Glenn. It wasn't Glenn he was worried about, it was her, and the fact she may not be on her full game because of whT happened the other day and with her father. "Because I'm fine." She said, quite annoyed at the fact that Nate had been talking to Glenn about her, when she hold him that she was okay, he should believe her, he shouldn't be doubting her on wether or not she could handle herself - she could shoot, she could use her machete, and she had it all in the bag. She could handle herself.

Glenn sighed, "He's just worried about you." He said, knowing that he would be worried about Maggie if Hershel had died in front of her eyes - he was just hoping that it would never happen, he didn't want the woman he loved to have to go through that, no way. "I would be worried about Maggie if she went through what you had. Hell, I am worried about you, Zo, you're my best friend." He explained. Zoe watched him talk with a sad look on her face, upset that he thought she wasn't doing okay. It may look like it on the outside, that she wasn't coping with her mother's death, but inside, she was doing okay. Of course, she was having nightmare of her mother's dead body laying in her grasp, but she couldn't afford to dwell on it, not when they lived in a world like this - she didn't want Carl or little ass-kicker getting hurt, she would rather die. Lori gave her life up for that baby girl, and Zoe was sure as hell going to make sure she has a great life, she's going to do everything she can to ensure that she has the best life imaginable, even in this screwed up world..