( 𝟎𝟎𝟗 ) the explosion

—  ZOE WAS GROGGY WHEN SHE WOKE up, the hangover fully taking place on her head and limiting how she moved and spoke

— ZOE WAS GROGGY WHEN SHE WOKE up, the hangover fully taking place on her head and limiting how she moved and spoke. Understanding what had happened the night before, she looked to the side of her and noticed that Nate had already gotten up and was in the bathroom, so, as quick as she could, she got changed and quickly headed back to her own room, before anyone had noticed anything and no one knew that she had spent the night in the youngest Dixon's room doing things that she probably wouldn't have done if the world hadn't ended. She didn't regret what she did; she just felt embarrassed with herself, she wasn't usually the girl to sleep with a guy who she wasn't dating, but then again, the end of the world changes everyone, and she wanted to make the most of this screwed up world before she died, or got ripped to shreds by the walkers. She knew that it was bound to happen sometime, it was just a matter of when.

Later on in the morning, all of the group were all eating breakfast; which was some of the best food Zoe had tasted in months, even before the end of the world. She and Nate hasn't spoken a single word yet, only exchanging awkward glances across the table - maybe what they did wasn't the best idea. They just hoped no one caught onto what they did. "Don't ever, ever, let me drink again." Glenn mumbled to the rest of the group as he sat down at the table besides Zoe, causing them all to chuckle at the boys antiques - he had a bit too much to drink the night before, and it didn't surprise anyone that he had a killer hangover.

The next person to walk into the room, was Doctor Jenner, who smiled warmly at the group, "Morning." He greeted. Most of them looked up at him with a small smile, while some kept their heads down in pain of their hangover and not wanting to throw up all over the table. It hadn't exactly been safe to drink whilst they were at the camp, so since they had complete safety, a lot of people had gone off of the rails, including Zoe and Nate..

"Hey, doc." A few of the group mumbled, tiredly. Nearly everyone was suffering a dreadful headache from the night before, even Rick.

"Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing..." Dale started to say, sighing. He just wanted to know what was going on; as none of them had found out anything, the whole reason they had come here in the first place, was to find a cure and find out what had happened and why people were eating people.

"But you will anyway." Jenner concluded, nodding as he poured himself a cup of hot coffee. He knew that when he opened the door to the group, that they would ask questions, it was just a matter of when, and it seemed that today was that day.

"We didn't come here for the eggs." Andrea spoke, turning to look at Jenner with narrowed eyes. Zoe sighed, couldn't they just have one day with no troubles?

____

After watching a video of Test Subject 19; being one of the diseased, which was shot in the brain - everyone was surprised. The disease that had overrun the whole world, was killing people, then bringing them back to life, but it would be only the brain stem that would work, no memories or any features that made someone human. It was scary, to see, as it was finally proof that once you get bitten, there is no hope for you. It scared Zoe that this was now the world - it made her regret that she hadn't made the most out of life before the outbreak; she hadn't listened in school, she never made the most out of her safety and the fact that she slept in a warm bed with food. She didn't have to sleep with one eye open in fear that a walker would eat her in the night..