( 𝟎𝟕𝟐 ) campfire talks

— BEING ON ROAD AGAIN wasn't something that Zoe or Nate thought they would be doing again; since the farm was overrun and they were stuck on the road with a pregnant Lori for months until they found the prison, which they then lived for a long amo...

— BEING ON ROAD AGAIN wasn't something that Zoe or Nate thought they would be doing again; since the farm was overrun and they were stuck on the road with a pregnant Lori for months until they found the prison, which they then lived for a long amount of time with no problems up until The Governor attacked them twice, the second time succeeding in doing so. It wasn't ideal, to get on the road again, especially with even more of them in the group than before, along with a baby, it was more dangerous than it had been before, and more scary since they truly had no where else to go and live — everyone was scared about not having a home again, yet everyone was hiding it for obvious reasons; they all had to act strong for one another, so everyone stayed confident in finding a new home. Nate hadn't thought much about where they would now live, since they were all together again, but since all he cared about was finally finding Zoe and the fact that she was safe with him, whereas Zoe couldn't stop thinking about where they were now going to live, especially since they had Judith and Carl with them and they had to make sure they were both going to be safe.

With the heat affecting them all, the whole group were glistening with sweat as they carried on walking down the empty road, never stopping and wanting to get as far away from Terminus as they could; Nate had his cross bow back after Carol had taken it back from the storage room, along with Daryl and many others belongings so close to one another so they could feel electricity ride through their arms, a feeling that they had both missed tremendously during their time apart, and feeling it again felt like they could both finally breathe again. Taking turns throughout their journey to find another home, by holding Judith so their arms wouldn't get too tired so they couldn't fight off any walkers, although the Grimes' held her more than everyone else, having believed she was dead for such a long time. When the night then finally began to fall, the group began to settle down and get some rest to start up again in the morning; Zoe was glad to finally be able to sit down, and especially, to clean Nate's wound on his stomach and make sure that it wasn't infected still.

With some of the group on the look out around the campfire, Zoe sat down Nate and sat cross legged in between his legs, giving him a knowing look as she sorted through a bag of medical supplies that Carol had given her, glad that she had been travelling with supplies as most of their own belongings had been taken by the people of Terminus, including Nate's ring, which Gareth still had in his belongings. Nate recognised the look on Zoe's face and instantly took his shirt off, allowing the girl to get a good look at his healing wound — she unwrapped the bandages around his stomach, Nate leaning forwards to help her do so, until his stomach was on show and Zoe could finally examine it. It wasn't as bad as the girl thought it would be, considering how often he had been hit and dragged around by the people of Terminus, it was beginning to heal, and Zoe couldn't keep the smirk off of her face at the sight of the scar tissue already beginning to form around the wound, the healing process finally moving along. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to form a smile onto the girls face that he was finally getting better.