( 𝟎𝟏𝟑 ) finally waking up

—  ZOE WAS IN A LOT OF pain, that was something she knew for sure - the voices around her, though, she couldn't understand

—  ZOE WAS IN A LOT OF pain, that was something she knew for sure - the voices around her, though, she couldn't understand. She felt the pain as they entered her stomach and parts of her chest to pull the bullet shards out, and she had never felt a pain like that in her whole life. But she knew one thing; she took the place of her little brother - and that, she would do over and over again, to ensure that he was safe. She would always put him first, no matter what would happen to her. If she hadn't had been in front of Carl, that gun shot would have gone through him, and there was no way she would have been able to get through that. Her brother meant everything to her.
When she finally woke up, she was in a complete daze, not knowing where she was, or what was happening. And, when she finally opened her eyes, she saw her father perched over the bed she was currently laid in, with her mom in the corner of the room, both deep in thought. When Zoe groaned out in pain, after trying to move out of the bed and sit up, it alerted both of her parents, as Rick looked up at her with his red and puffy eyes, while Lori rushed over immediately to the other side of the bed and grabbed her hand to stop her from moving any more.

"Try not to move, sweetie." Lori reassured her, gently pushing her back down into the bed with her hands. Hershel had advised them not to let Zoe out of bed, in case her stitches were to rip open; so she was currently bed ridden, unable to even leave the room - one of her worst nightmares..

"What happened?" Zoe questioned her mom, moving her eyes around the room, not recognising where they all currently at in. "Where are we?" She asked.

"You were shot." Rick told her, as Lori glared at him for telling her. She didn't want to stress her daughter out, especially since she had just woken up from a surgery of taking all of the shattered bullet shells out of her stomach. The less she knew, the better, in her opinion. She didn't want Zoe to stress out more than she already was, as stress was not what she needed upon waking up for the first time since arriving at the farm.

"W-What?" She gasped, trying to sit up again, ignoring her mother's please to stay down.

Rick was quick to hold her back down, "You shouldn't be moving too much, you could rip your stitches." He informed her, before tucking some of her hair behind her ear and out of her face, smiling slightly at the fact she was awake. He was so happy that she was awake; as none of them knew if she would make it through; it was a pretty serious injury she had. "A nice man named Hershel fixed you up. This is his farm we're on." He told her.

The only thing that Zoe could think of right now, was if Carl was alright. "Is Carl okay?" She instantly asked.

Ricks face softened at those words, as did Lori's - they both loved how much their daughter cared for her little brother. "He's fine... In fact, he's doing great." Lori answered, a bright smile present on her face, "Do you want me to go and get him?" She asked.