( 𝟎𝟎𝟏 ) the world's end

—  ZOE GRIMES WASN'T THE KIND OF girl to rebel and go against her mother's wishes, but when she found out that her father was put in a coma, due to being shot in his line of duty, she began to act out

— ZOE GRIMES WASN'T THE KIND OF girl to rebel and go against her mother's wishes, but when she found out that her father was put in a coma, due to being shot in his line of duty, she began to act out. She skipped school, stayed out late and was backchatting to her mom, a lot. She couldn't help it; her father meant the absolute world to her, he was her idol, so, when she was told that he might not ever wake up, she didn't want to believe it, she was completely broken. So when things went to shit, Zoe didn't know what to do or how to act about it or even think about it.

She was sitting outside, far from her home, on the side of the street during the evening of a normal week day, watching as the cars drove past her, most of them going way over the speed limit. She had another argument with Lori, causing her to storm out of the house in order to cool off, like she had been doing for the past couple of days. She normally never argued with Lori, they usually got along very well, having a great mother-daughter relationship, but their relationship had been strained since they had been informed about her dad's condition, both feeling stressed out and worried about the whole situation. They seemed to be taking the whole situation out on each other, having no one else to confide in - and they were both breaking apart from it; if they didn't stop soon, they didn't know what would happen. They were just hoping that Rick would wake up soon, or their relationship would be strained forever.

She sighed and sat up from her place on the small bench on the side of the road, thinking that it was about time that she headed home and faced her mother's wrath once more; she didn't exactly want to, but she knew that she was going to have to do it sooner or later, and now was that time. As she walked along the sidewalk, she couldn't help but notice how empty her town looked, as a Friday night, the streets should be crowded with people drinking and having a laugh, only it was completely empty. Something that Zoe had never seen before, even on a normal weekday. Although, she didn't think much of it, and carried on walking home, back to her mother and brother.

As she approached her house, she still found it strange how there was still hardly any people around, on her whole journey home, she hadn't seen one single person, and most houses were looking empty, no one's cars were in sight and each house had their lights turned off, which was unusual for her hometown, as people would normally be out celebrating on a Friday night, or hanging with friends. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she saw her dad's best friend and her godfather, Shane, putting bags into the car in a rush, like he was stressing out about something that was going down, only, Zoe had no clue about what was happening.

"What's going on?" Zoe asked as she approached him, her hands still deep in her pockets due to the cold breeze of the night.

"Zoe, where have you been?" Lori asked from the front door, upon seeing her daughter, she rushed out to pull her into a tight hug upon thinking that her only daughter had died out there tonight. She forgot about the heated argument they had earlier, as she gripped onto her daughter for dear life.
She had been worrying about her daughter for hours and hours, not knowing if she was safe or not. She didn't understand what was going on, which is why she needed both of her children by her side, so she could look out for them and keep them safe. She would die before she let anything happen to them.