( 𝟎𝟓𝟎 ) new beginnings

— NORMAL

— NORMAL. THAT'S HOW LIFE FELT right now. Well, as normal as it could be during the end of the world and an apocalypse that threatened your lives every single second of every single day. But lately, it didn't feel like that — Zoe and Nate felt at peace with how their lives were at the moment; they have new people living with them, they had enough food to feed everyone and they hadn't had a catastrophe in a while, it felt like the world had gone back to how it used to be, and it felt great. Besides the fact that Rick had stepped down from being the leader and taken it upon himself to become a farmer for the group, everything was going really well, and Zoe believed that it could stay this way for a while. Going out on runs was a good change of scenery, and Zoe and Nate enjoyed going out with just the two of them to have some time to themselves; they would have fun, even staying out for a few days at a time, and coming back with even more supplies as the time before that. Needless to say, it was their favourite thing to do at the prison.

Everyone in the group had their own roles to play, needing it now more than anything, especially with all of these new people at the prison to care for and keep safe. It was a lot harder than it used to be, everyone knew that, but overall, it felt good to have such a big community, with everyone getting along, even Beth had found a boyfriend, and Zoe knew that this was a great opportunity for the prison and to increase their size. Although, a lot of the newcomers didn't exactly come out on runs with the originals — they liked to hang back and do work at the prison, which wasn't a problem exactly, but it made the runs a lot more difficult, since they all had to bring back more than double the amount of supplies than they used to. Michonne had been going out every single day also, but the woman was simply looking for The Governor to get revenge against Andrea's death — the man had disappeared since massacring his own people. Zoe didn't blame her exactly, Michonne had spent the whole winter with Andrea on the road, the woman was like a sister to her, and The Governor killed her. She would want to get revenge too.

Andreas death had been an eye opener for the group; the fact that their people could die; they hadn't lost anyone since Lori and then Oscar, but Andrea had shook them all to the core. Nate was sticking around Zoe more than usual, the fear of loosing her now bigger than ever; the girl didn't mind, she loved spending time with him, but at times it could be overbearing, but she also understood where he was coming from.. Carl was growing up faster than ever, growing more and more as the days went on; Zoe was noticing his change in behaviour, but it wasn't all bad — the boy was farming with their father every single day, and he actually seemed to be enjoying it, as did Rick, who loved spending time with his kid, as well as Zoe, who would join in some days when she wasn't on a supply run with Nate. It was definitely calming, helping her dad and brother out; but the amount of walkers outside of the prison alarmed Zoe, and she couldn't exactly relax when she was outside and by the gates.

But what the girl was enjoying, was the fact that Daryl was getting a lot of attention from the people in the prison, with a lot of them warming up to him and looking up to him for bringing in so much food and even saving a group of people a while back. It always made Nate and Zoe laugh, seeing Daryl's facial expression when people would thank him and compliment him, as the man just wasn't used to it all. Of course, the group had thanked Daryl before all of these new people; but some of them took it too far, especially some of the kids, which just made the man uncomfortable. Either way, Daryl was still grateful, as well as Zoe and Nate, who also got a lot of attention from their successful supply runs — it was strange, being congratulated for something they all felt like they should be doing anyway, but Zoe understood that these people never had to leave Woodbury, with The Governor's men doing everything for them, so she guessed that this is how they acted with them back then, too. Zoe and Nate didn't think that they would ever get used to it.