( 𝟎𝟖𝟒 ) settling in alexandria

- RICK GRIMES NEVER THOUGHT that he would see his family happy again after the dead started to rise

- RICK GRIMES NEVER THOUGHT that he would see his family happy again after the dead started to rise. When he woke up from his coma after being shot in the job, he originally thought his family was dead, deep down inside, under the small shred of hope that he had of them being safe and alive. Finding them had been one of the best experiences he had ever felt, but then came the stress and concentration of keeping them alive — he had Shane's help throughout the beginning, but then he had began to go crazy, and it just went downhill from there.
Carl was more hard work in the beginning, he was younger, as he didn't really understand what was happening and why people were trying to each each other. And Zoe.. Well, she had her attention on Nate, and she stayed safe, and that was all that mattered to him at the time.

He never thought that he would see his children happy again, especially since their mother had died, but Zoe was on her way there.

Nate made her feel like life was still normal, and Rick couldn't appreciate the man more for that; Zoe was his little girl, no matter how old she was, now, or how she could look after herself, now. When he first saw the ring that Nate had found Zoe, he felt awful, knowing that his daughter will never get the amazing wedding that she truly deserved, the wedding she dreamt about so much when she was just a little girl. But, when he looked across the street and saw Nate and Zoe holding hands, two bright smiles on their faces, he knew the man had done what he had been planning to do for too long, now.

Any father would pay any money in the world to see their daughter happy, end when Rick saw the look on Zoe's face, he felt like the richest man on the planet. He had a good feeling about this place, just like Michonne had said, and he just hoped that his family could finally settle down and act normal, again.

Of course, no matter where he was or what he was doing, he would keep his guard up for the safety of his children and family, especially now that he had Judith to take care off, too. So it's not like he was just going to completely let his guard down because Michonne said it was safe - they didn't know these people, yet, and they couldn't trust them so quickly after just meeting them. But, even with his thoughts about the place not feeling completely safe, he couldn't help but smile as his daughter showed off her ring to the rest of the group, whom had gathered just below the steps of their temporary home, all wanting to hear about how the small proposal went, and Maggie hugging Zoe in congratulations. All Rick could do was imagine the party he would have thrown his daughter with the help from Lori, and pictures of himself walking the girl down the isle flashed through his mind, and it just made him even more sad that she wouldn't get what she dreamt of as a child, especially since the girl deserved the whole world handed to her on a platter.

The whole group had looked around the small town, and they ultimately realised that everyone here did not have much knowledge on the outside world, on walkers in general. They had been living a luxury life since the outbreak first begun, and they all felt sorry for them, that they didn't know how to survive the new world, but it also annoyed each and every one of them, because they have not had to endure the torture and loss that their group had to survive through. Daryl didn't like it, and everyone could tell by the way the man still sat on the porch of the house they had all claimed and slept in the night before.