( 𝟎𝟐𝟒 ) back home safe and sound

—  HAVING A BUSTED ANKLE WASN'T A good thing to have in an apocalypse, where you had to be prepared to run at any moment in case of a walker, or a human, for that matter

— HAVING A BUSTED ANKLE WASN'T A good thing to have in an apocalypse, where you had to be prepared to run at any moment in case of a walker, or a human, for that matter. So, when Lori had finally helped Zoe get her foot out from under the roof of the car, she was pissed. Not only that, but she had ripped her stitches open meant that she was even more vulnerable to the world. She hated it. When Shane had found the two of them limping down the road, she was somewhat relieved.. Zoe had suggested that they turn back and head back home, not being in any condition to go forwards, but her mom was dead set on getting to town to get her father back and Zoe knew that once a Grimes had their mind set on something, there was no changing their mind.

She tried to ignore the argument between her mom and Shane as she sat in the car and waited for him to convince her to come back. She was just exhausted, she couldn't do it anymore, she could barely stay awake, not with the pain in her ankle. As she was in and out of consciousness, she could hear Shane yelling about the daughter that Lori had in the car, like the son she had back at the farm, and that was the last thing she heard before she finally succumbed to sleep. Next time she awoke, she was in someone's hold, and as she looked up, she saw Shane carrying her into the house and propping her down onto the sofa in order to check on her ankle and stitches - he didn't exactly know what he was looking at, but he believed that he could at least help her ankle and clean her stitches to make sure they didn't get infected. Zoe didn't even bother to protest, being too tired after the fight she had with the walker, she just needed rest. Even after everything Shane had done, she just didn't care less at the moment, being in too much pain. Lori and Shane argued while Shane wrapped her ankle up and cleaned her stitches, but she could barely pay any attention, being in and out of consciousness.

The morning came quickly for Zoe Grimes, as she had been asleep for the whole night, only waking up when Lori would check her stomach or when Shane would check that her ankle wasn't swelling up too much. The two adults put aside their differences to take care of the girl they both cared for, and in no time, the sun had risen over the farm, indicating that the morning had come, and Rick and the others should be home at any moment now, they hoped. Zoe had managed to convince her mom to let her sit out on the porch and wait while getting some fresh air, after being stuck in a car, then in the house all evening. After all, it was her dad, her best friend, and Nate out there. Three people that she cared deeply for that put themselves in danger for Hershel. They better come back okay.

Relief spread through Zoe when she saw a familiar piece of hair in the back of the truck that cane driving back into the camp, with her father driving and Hershel in the passenger seat while Glenn sat with Nate in the back. With a hobble, she got up and used her good foot to limp over towards the car, accepting the help from Carol as she helped the girl walk along, watching as Carl ran into Rick's arms in happiness. The next person to leave the truck, was Nate, and as soon as he did so, his eyes searched the crowd for one person, and one person only, Zoe. Once his eyes reached hers, he sighed in relief that she was okay, but when he noticed the small limp she had when she attempted to walk towards him, he furrowed his brows in confusion, and slight anger at the fact that she had been hurt. It was the last thing he wanted to see after a hard night.