( 𝟎𝟔𝟑 ) teaching beth to hunt

— EVER SINCE BETH GAVE NATE the ring to give to Zoe, he hadn't stopped looking at it, and fiddling with the ring since he had first been given it from Beth; the man now wanted nothing but to search for Zoe, he believed that she was out there alive...

— EVER SINCE BETH GAVE NATE the ring to give to Zoe, he hadn't stopped looking at it, and fiddling with the ring since he had first been given it from Beth; the man now wanted nothing but to search for Zoe, he believed that she was out there alive somewhere, and he believed Beth when she said that Zoe was out there somewhere. Nate felt whole again with the thought that Zoe was out there somewhere, like he actually had something to live for again, and something to fight for, because now, he knew that he wouldn't stop until he found her. They burnt down the shack with the rest of the Moonshine inside, and set on their way again, hoping that maybe they would bump into anyone from the prison, out here surviving like they were all doing, too. It gave Nate comfort to think that they were all out there surviving, maybe even looking for survivors, too, and he liked to thinly hat everyone had the same hope, and they weren't about to give up; at least, not until they found one another again. The man thought that days had passed since they burnt down the shack, but in all honesty, he had no clue, as the days were just blending in together.

Teaching Beth how to hunt was another thing getting Nate's mind off of the fact that he wasn't by Zoe's side — even if it was bringing back old memories of teaching Zoe how to hunt and track back on the Greene's farm, it still felt good to get everything off of his mind and focus on the task at hand, teaching Beth.. Beth was just as clueless as Zoe was when she was first told how the whole tracking think worked out, but since Zoe had managed to get a good idea on it pretty quickly with his lessons, Nate had hope that Beth could do the exact same thing, too. "Where'd you learn to teach like this?" Daryl asked Nate quietly, as they followed a small distance away behind Beth as she crouched down in front of a footprint, trying to figure out what direction the walker she was tracking went in. From what he remembers, he'd never seen Nate teach anyone how to track and hunt before; Daryl had been taught by Merle, and then he taught Nate, but Nate had never had a younger brother to teach, so none of it made sense to him..

Nate instantly felt a smile reach his face at the memory of teaching Zoe back on the farm, missing how carefree and safe everything was back then, how innocent they all were with this world; because now, they knew more of what was out there, and it ruined the way they all lived. He didn't think that any of them could live in the same way they did before the farm, or even the prison.. Nothing felt like it could ever be safe again, no matter where they were, because somebody would always be out there, ready to bring down their walls again. "I taught Zoe how to track back at the farm, we spent days out there tracking different animals and walkers." The man finally spoke up, after an image of a smiling Zoe holding a dead squirrel reached his mind, the girl having been so proud of herself to catch her first animal. That was when Zoe became good at hunting, after her first catch, the girl just got more confident with what she was doing, and Nate knew that, that would be the key with Beth, to have confidence.

Daryl couldn't help but smile also at the look on Nate's face as the man remembered being with Zoe again; at first, the memories of the girl had brought a frown to his face when he thought he wouldn't see her again, but since Beth had talked to him, to them both, he had faith that they would see the others from the prison one day, and seeing Nate fiddle with the engagement ring every singe minute of the day, was nice to see, and Daryl couldn't wait until they found the girl in question and Nate will be able to pop the question.. "Didn't know you could teach, man." Daryl said, chuckling to himself when he pictured Nate as a teacher. For someone that didn't even truly go to school, he was pretty good with his words when explaining to Beth how to tell which direction someone is walking in just by the patterns on the soil.