( 𝟎𝟐𝟓 ) carl's strange behaviour

—  CARL WAS ACTING STRANGE, AND ZOE seemed to be the only one that could see it

— CARL WAS ACTING STRANGE, AND ZOE seemed to be the only one that could see it. The fact he kept asking questions on how to use a gun, how to kill a walker, and where people go after they die, made her feel uneasy. With Randall now in camp, and the group trying to figure out what to do with him, everyone was stressed, and slightly scared of the situation at hand. Zoe didn't exactly know how she felt about the boy in the barn - the fact that everyone seemed so okay with killing him without even thinking about letting him go, made her question where everyone's humanity was. She knew for a fact that Nate wanted him gone, only because he thought of him as dangerous and that he could jeopardise the safety of the farm, but Zoe still didn't think that they should exactly kill him. Maybe that's what made her more like her dad in that department. Maybe they should have just left the boy to his own group..

Her ankle still hurt like hell, she had been given a walking stick to avoid any pressure on the ankle, and she hated how vulnerable it made her look, and feel. The fact that she couldn't even walk without help annoyed her entirely, and she wanted nothing but for her ankle to get better. Nate told her that it was nothing to worry about, and that he would be there to help her all the way, but it didn't make her feel any better, that she needed help with almost everything she did on a day to day basis. What if a walker got hold of her and she couldn't do much because of her ankle? She would surely be dead within a heartbeat.

Zoe had been sat around the camp for most of the day, unable to do much due to the fact that her ankle was busted, but she tried to do what she could, like hang up the washing, or help cook and keep the campfire lit. But it felt like nothing compared to when she would be out in the woods with Nate, looking for Sophia, or practicing shooting. Being able to protect the camp and the people in it was something that Zoe wanted to do - throughout her whole life, she had been wanting to be like her dad and her uncle, saving people had been something that had always interested her. You are your fathers daughter. Is something that her mom used to tell her, and it still related to her till this day.

Whilst doing all of these small jobs at the camp, she still had her mind on Carl, but it's not like she could just chase after him around the farm, not with her ankle like it was. She hadn't seen him almost all day, and she was starting to get worried. Her suspicions on his whereabouts weren't pointless, when she saw an upset Carol approach her. "I can't find your mom anywhere, do you know where she is?" The woman asked Zoe, having just come back from being at Sophia's grave, something that she did everyday.

Zoe furrowed her brows in confusion, wondering what had gotten her so upset and angry, "Uh, no, I don't, is there something you need from her?" She asked Carol. When Carol shook her heads looking back towards the house with a longing look, Zoe pushed herself up with her walking stick, "Do you need help with anything?" She asked, trying to be nice to the grieving mother.