( 𝟎𝟖𝟐 ) interviews

- BEFORE THE END OF the world, Nate lived in a trailer, in a terrible living condition with a terrible father who beat on him and his brothers at every chance he got - his mother abandoned him long before he could even walk, and he had a pretty sh...

- BEFORE THE END OF the world, Nate lived in a trailer, in a terrible living condition with a terrible father who beat on him and his brothers at every chance he got - his mother abandoned him long before he could even walk, and he had a pretty shitty childhood. He didn't live in a nice neighbourhood with nice neighbours who cared for him and his family, and he never actually wanted to, either; he knew that Zoe had a big house, with parents who cared for her and loved her with all of their hearts, but he never had that, not until the virus came along and the dead started walking. He found his family in a dark situation, and he couldn't be more happy with who he travelled with, who he survived with, he liked things the way they were, he didn't want anyone new to come into the picture.

Sp, when Nate first saw the wall that Aaron showed them the picture of, he was shocked, to say the least, and he knew that in an instant, that there would be a lot of people living here. It was like everything was happening in slow motion, the whole group seeing something different for the first time in what felt like forever. The suburbs was never something that Nate wanted anything to do with, before the world ended or after; he liked the prison, he liked the RV, he liked the farm, this.. This felt strange. But for the first time in weeks, he was looking at this place, and he actually saw a future here, maybe not with all of the people living here, but he saw his family here, in the houses, in the streets, laughing.. Living.

When the door first opened, the whole group were in awe, staring at the small community like they had never seen something like it before, like they had never seen people look so clean, at least, not for a while, even the people in Terminus and Woodbury looked dirty, like they couldn't keep themselves clean even with the amount of supplies they had in their sanctuary. When the door was opened, and the man at the gate looked at them with a strange look on his face, like he was looking at zoo animals, especially when Daryl shot an arrow through the animal that had jumped out of the bushes and freaked them all out. He looked at them like they were a circus act, and Nate wanted nothing but to punch his lights out. "It's okay, come on in, guys." Aaron said, when no one made a move to follow him through the gates.

Glenn made the move to walk into the sanctuary first, which prompted everyone else to follow, but before Zoe moved her feet, she reached out and grabbed Nate's hand, the man instantly squeezing tight as she pulled him along into the suburbs. No one made a noise as they walked through the gate and entered the sanctuary, not even Judith, who held her mouth open in awe, until the man who opened up the gate, finally spoke up after giving them all a strange look. "I need you all to turnover your weapons. Stay, you hand over your weapons." He added, when no one else made a move to get rid of their weapons.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick snapped back, not exactly liking the idea of handing over any of their weapons to these people who they didn't know or even trust. He didn't like this man, already, "If we're going to use them, we would have started already." He said, glaring at the man who was stupid enough to even suggest something like that.