( 𝟎𝟏𝟔 ) gossiping with glenn

—  THE TWO TEENAGERS HAD AN AMAZING time at the lake, and it felt like they were living a normal life once more - they weren't interrupted during their swim, and they hadn't come across one walker for the whole journey back to the farm, it was as ...

— THE TWO TEENAGERS HAD AN AMAZING time at the lake, and it felt like they were living a normal life once more - they weren't interrupted during their swim, and they hadn't come across one walker for the whole journey back to the farm, it was as if they weren't in a messed up world. The next couple of days were also amazing for Zoe, the farm was everything she wanted for a safe place to camp; it was incredible. Even if they weren't sleeping in the house, they all had their tents within the farm, just like it was like in Atlanta, and it was good.
Zoe was fully healing and she was feeling one-hundred times better than she had when she first left the farmhouse for the first time after she had been shot. She felt bad, as she hadn't been on a search for Sophia in a while, and she felt useless with finding the girl. Nate's opinion was that they weren't going to find the girl, but even so, he left to search the woods everyday. It made her want to go out and help out more.

She saw some of the group gathering by the truck with guns, so she was hoping that if she asked once more, her dad would let her go with them. When she approached them, Rick looked at her with a confused look plastered on his face, "What're you doing?" He asked his daughter.

Zoe shrugged, "I'm coming with." She announced. She noticed the look her father gave her when she said this, but she didn't care - she wanted to help, and he shouldn't stop her from that.

Rick sighed deeply - he would love if his daughter could leave the farm once in a while, but right now, it was just too risky. She didn't know how to use a gun, and she still wasn't back to herself after the gunshot. "Zo..." He began to say, only for Zoe to interrupt him by groaning loudly.

"You can't be serious?" She exclaimed, throwing her head back in frustration. She knew that look, and she couldn't believe that her dad was sidelining her.. She was healed, she wanted to look for Sophia. Zoe wanted to feel helpful in some way.

Nate watched the interaction with furrowed brows, he knew that Zoe was more than capable, he just couldn't say anything, as Rick was the leader, and it was his call. Maybe one day, he would take Zoe out on her own and teach her how to shoot, that's if, if she wanted.. "Deadly, Zoe." Rick replied, pulling her aside, from the rest of the group so they couldn't hear what the two were talking about. "I know you want to help, I do." He said, "But it's too dangerous right now, I need to you stay with your brother, make sure he doesn't get into any trouble." He told her.

"What's Carl going to do, dad?" Zoe scoffed, not understanding his current worry about her brother.

Rick sighed, rubbing his hands down his face, before looking back at his daughter, "He's acting strange lately." He admitted. He knew that Carl was going through puberty, and he just needed someone to look out for him. "I just need you to keep your eyes on him, please." He said.