( 𝟎𝟖𝟑 ) the ring

- WHEN ZOE WAS A little girl, having a big, fancy and expensive wedding was something that she was excited about, something that she had only watched on the TV, and seen pictures of, from her mom and dad's own wedding

- WHEN ZOE WAS A little girl, having a big, fancy and expensive wedding was something that she was excited about, something that she had only watched on the TV, and seen pictures of, from her mom and dad's own wedding. She used to love the idea of wearing a beautiful white gown and walking down the isle for everyone to see, whilst holding her dads arm. The girl imagined meeting the love of her life and having a wedding at the age of 25, when she had a job and a house of their own; now, whilst she had found the person she knew she was destined to be with, she didn't have the same wishes as she did when she was a child. Now, all she could ever wish for, in this horrid new world, was for her family to be safe. Nothing else mattered to her near enough to that.

When Nate was younger, he hadn't even thought about marriage, he had never experienced a healthy and loving relationship from either one of his parents, not like Zoe did - hell, his mom abandoned him before he could even form his first word. Growing up, he witnessed his dad beat, berate and use woman like they meant nothing, every single day of his life, and his biggest fear was becoming even remotely similar to the evil bastard who called himself his father. He was secluded as a child, he didn't have any friends growing up, he never had a girlfriend of his own, and he never even wanted an of those things. Marriage had never even occurred to him before, not before he first locked eyes with Zoe Grimes.

Zoe and Nate had two completely childhoods, they were two completely different people, yet the fit together like a glove. Anyone who knew the two of them, knew that they were made for another, the of the world had given them both one thing, and that was one another. In a normal world, where the dead weren't walking and trying to eat them, Zoe and Bate probably wouldn't have even looked at one another, they would have never even met — the end of the world brought them together, and they both couldn't be more grateful for finding one another. When Zoe first sa Nate in the traffic pile up at the beginning of this whole mess, she never thought that in the future, she wouldn't be able to live without him.

When Zoe first realised that she was in love with Nate, marriage never crossed her mind, and tying the knot was not something she thought would ever happen. Sure, she'd live to be legally bonded to Nate, but now that civilisation had changed, she knew that it could never happen — but that didn't exactly matter to her, because in her eyes, Nate was her man, and she was his girl..

When the dead started to rise, and when Nate first met Zoe, her hair was short, and pink, but over time, it had grown out, he had almost forgotten what it looked like when it cupped her face slightly, and he loved it, especially since you could see her face more clearly. Seeing her face in the sunlight, her beauty illuminating, he found her intoxicating, like his heart gives way everything he looks at her of even thinks about her. He had never felt this way about anyone before, he had never even liked many people before, he was like Daryl in that sense, he was a complete loner, but being in this group, this family, it changed him and his brother for the best.

As Zoe stopped walking in front of a small grassy area, with a small amount of flowers and plants, the girl had a relieved smile on her face, having not seen many nice plants like these for a while, at least, not since the farm, where Hershel kept his late wife's garden patch. Since this sanctuary was still looking just as new as it did before the world ended, the flowers were looking fresh, and the houses all looked incredibly clean, not like the houses outside these walls, but where they had all started to rot away without being kept all of this time. Nobody in their own group knew how they had kept this place looking so clean and new, even in the prison, when they had a lot of members to keep the place safe, it never looked nearly as good as this place, it was like a dream..