( 𝟎𝟓𝟗 ) reuniting with family

— WHEN RICK HAD TO FLEE the prison with Carl by his side, he didn't want to leave without his two daughters, but seeing Judith's bloody death, and the vanished bus that Zoe was supposedly on, he truly had no choice in the matter, as he had to keep...

— WHEN RICK HAD TO FLEE the prison with Carl by his side, he didn't want to leave without his two daughters, but seeing Judith's bloody death, and the vanished bus that Zoe was supposedly on, he truly had no choice in the matter, as he had to keep his son safe. As much as he wanted to stay behind and search non-stop for his two daughters, the whole place was overrun with walkers, and if they didn't get out when they did, they would have been dead, too.. Carl had been blaming Rick for Zoe and Judith's death, since the moment they fled the prison, claiming over and over again that it was down to him why they were both dead, continuously calling him names and pushing him, never giving up. They didn't know that Zoe never left the prison on the bus with the others, she had climbed out to look for her family and was run off the property by a group of walkers; they didn't know that she was trying to survive all alone, trying to get away from any danger that came her war, and more specifically, a group of men that had tried to take her, one that she had eventually killed.

Zoe thought that everyone could be dead — she had walked a far distance without running into anyone from the prison, on her travels down the road and in the woods; the girl didn't want to believe that everyone was either dead, or had walked in the complete opposite direction, but as time went on, it was hard to believe any different because of the evidence stacking up. Right now, the girl couldn't think of anything other than trying to get away from the group of men who may now be out for blood because she had killed one of their own, and they were probably looking for her, wanting revenge for what she had done.. When she first saw her father standing in the kitchen of one of the houses on the street, looking like he had been beaten nearly to the brink of death, the girl thought that she was hallucinating, especially since she had been hit, hard, it must be her imagination picturing her father because it was what she wanted to see most. Zoe had dreamt about finding some one from the prison, but finding her dad was just a bonus.

So, as the girl looked through the window at her father, her eyes began to swell, tears immediately beginning to fall as she couldn't believe her eyes, the thought that she was finally saved, and she would now be safe with the man by her side. Limping around the side of the house, Zoe found the front door, pausing as the girls hand shakily hovered over the door handle, her nerves getting the best of her as maybe she was imagining the whole thing, that she would walk into the house and find it completely empty, Rick nowhere in sight. Pushing her thoughts aside and turning the door handle, Zoe held her breath as she slowly walked in through the doorway and into the hall, her heart stopping at the sight before her, the girls father standing on the opposite side of the hallway like he was seeing a ghost. "Z-Zo?" The man stuttered, unable to come to terms with the fact that his daughter was standing right across from him, alive — but at the same time, he had been beaten to a pulp by The Governor, and he could be imagining the girl standing right before him.

Tears began to stream down Zoe's face the second her father made a sound; she hadn't expected to ever hear the sound of his voice again, at least, not in real life. "Are you really there?" She asked, wincing at how harsh her voice had sounded because of how harshly she had been strangled by the old man. Even Rick furrowed his brows in confusion at the sound of the girl, not liking the bruises forming around her eye and hand prints clearly forming on her neck where she had clearly been strangled, by whom, he had no idea.