( 𝟎𝟔𝟏 ) finding alcohol

— DARYL KNEW FOR SURE THAT his brother had little to no hope left without Zoe by his side, safe and sound; he knew just how much the two young adults meant to each other, and it even broke the older man's heart that his brother may have lost the o...

— DARYL KNEW FOR SURE THAT his brother had little to no hope left without Zoe by his side, safe and sound; he knew just how much the two young adults meant to each other, and it even broke the older man's heart that his brother may have lost the only girl he's ever loved, he had even grown to love Zoe like his own sister, and just the thought that she may not be alive, upset him greatly. Not only did they not know about the girls well-being; but Rick's, too.. Michonne, Carl, Judith, Maggie, Glenn.. They didn't have any way of finding out if any of their family were alive, and if they were alive and out there somewhere, it wouldn't be easy to find them, if they were all split up, he had a horrid feeling that they may not even be reunited ever again, and it terrified him to no end, since the last thing the Dixon brothers wanted, was to be alone. At the moment, the two brothers mostly cared about keeping Beth safe; for Hershel — it felt like they were all travelling for weeks on end, unable to find a single place that was safe, where they could rest after so much walking and fighting walkers, they were all exhausted, and didn't know how much more energy they had left to carry on going, and as Nate squished himself in between the backseats of the abandoned car they found on the side of the road, with silence and the sound of walkers grunts, all he could do was think..

Nate didn't like thinking, especially since the prisons downfall — without Zoe, he genuinely didn't know if he wanted to go on; without that girl, he felt completely useless, like he had no reason to go on anymore. With Zoe, he felt like he could imagine a future, a proper one, like they could live a happy life, create a family together, and live till they were old.. But, now, without her, he felt nothing. The man wished he could go back in time to the attack at the prison, to stick with Zoe, to save her; she wasn't in a good way when he last saw her, with the flu still kicking her ass as she was incredibly weak, he didn't know how much of a chance the girl would have out there alone, and with no one watching her back properly, everyone on that bus was ill, and everyone had a low chance at making it out here without proper gear. So many walkers passed as Nate kept quiet, hearing Beth's heavy breathing from the trunk with Daryl, they still had so many of the undead on their tail from the prison, and with no backup, and hardly and weapons to defend themselves with, the only thing the three of them could really do, was run and house, like they had been doing for days and days.

The three survivors were stuck in the abandoned car for what felt like days, but had been one whole night filled with thunder and rain, hearing what felt like hundreds of walkers walk by with no idea they were even in the car — the morning finally came, the sunlight peeking through the gaps in the park of car to show so. Nate peered out of a gap in the car, seeing that there were no walkers around, meaning that they were finally in the clear; he climbed out first to double check, before whistling to the other two, indicating that it was now safe to come out, and it felt strange, breathing in some fresh air after being in an old and dusty car all night long. The road was now completely empty as they stripped the car for supplies; Nate still didn't utter a single word as they all worked on the car, as well as Beth and Daryl, who didn't really have anything to say — the three of them only spoke when it was necessary, and that's just how Nate liked it, because at the moment, the man couldn't stand the sound of his own voice. Anything that happened now, it reminded him of Zoe, and he hated it.