( 𝟎𝟎𝟑 ) the bad news

—  AFTER A PEACEFUL NIGHT WITH the group, Zoe felt happy, for the first time in months, and it was all because of her dad

—  AFTER A PEACEFUL NIGHT WITH the group, Zoe felt happy, for the first time in months, and it was all because of her dad. He was actually alive, after two months of believing that he was dead and no longer here, he had finally found them. Rick was just as happy as his daughter, wanting nothing more than to see her smile once again. He hadn't seen her since before his coma; but it felt like he hadn't seen her for years on end. She had grown up. He knew this, as the pink in her hair had fully faded from when she dyed it last, and her hair had grown out slightly, looking completely different than when she did when the world was normal, and hadn't gone to shit.

Zoe was currently standing with Glenn, who had his arms folded across his chest as he watched the men strip apart his stolen sports car. He was completely distraught at the fact he had to let it go, as he had always dreamed of having a car like that, but not being able to afford it due to his job as a pizza delivery boy before the outbreak had happened. This was when her father approached the two of them, and wrapped his arm around Zoe's shoulders, allowing her to lean into his side comfortably, her stomach having butterflies again at the fact that her dad was alive and well. He didn't even look like he had been shot - he looked great; the fact that he still wore his sheriffs uniform made her happy, as it brought her back to the normal world.

"Look at 'em vultures." Glenn commented, not taking his eyes off of his new car. "Yeah go on, strip it clean." He shouted at them, watching as they took apart the parts for the generators.

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get." Dale shrugged at him, as he was busy loading parts away from the car, handing it to the others. "Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn." He apologised.

Zoe rubbed his back as sorrow took over her Korean friends face, "Thought I'd get to drive it a few more days." He told Rick and Zoe, with a frown, feeling incredibly sad. She felt awful for him, as she hadn't seen him as happy as he was while driving the car since she had first met him - maybe one day, she would be able to steal another for him, but for now, they had to stand by and watch as they all stripped the car apart.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick told him, speaking Zoe's mind. He patted Glenn's back in comfort, hoping to make the kid feel better. He wanted to stay close with Glenn, after seeing how close he and his daughter was; he was grateful that Glenn had helped keep the smile on Zoe's face. That, and Glenn had helped him out back in Atlanta when he was stuck in the tank; he knew that the boy was a good guy, so he wasn't about to let that slide.

"Yeah, then I can drive it." Zoe commented with a smile, looking up at her father with a smirk, hoping that he wouldn't protest about it, as she hadn't exactly ever driven a car before. But, hey, practice makes perfect, right?

"In your dreams." Rick told her, ruffling her hair playfully.

She chuckled and nudged him away, towards her mom, who was doing the laundry peacefully. She smiled at the two of them interacting, after believing that she'd never see it again, it was good to see - before she turned back to Glenn, noticing that he was still upset about the sports car being taken apart, and that he would never get to drive it again. "Hey." She nudged him, gaining his attention, "You'll find another one some day, pizza boy." She said, smiling.