Lieutenant Commander Data

A/n: oDIVAo Requested This, I hope you enjoy!

"Morning dad"
Walking out of my room, I grabbed my breakfast and started eating fast, today data and I were going to try and meet up in engineering before we both had to go to work.
"What's wrong?"
Jean-Luc asked in the most dead-pan tone, I was about to respond when I looked over at the clock.
"I got to go dad"
I hurriedly put on the finishing touches, grabbing my communicator pin.
"Will you talk to me later? It seems like you've always been rushing off these past few months"
Walking back, I hugged dad tightly, my conscious kicking in for lying.
"I'm okay dad, promise"
Hooking pinky's, I left quietly once the door shut my speed picked up considerably.
No one bat an eyelash at me running down the hallways, almost everyone knew why I was running and had been sworn to secrecy.
Not telling dad seemed like the easiest option, not out of fear, but out of worry, worry that it'll strain everyone's relationships.
Sneaking up behind him, I wrapped both my arms around his torso and kissed his cheek.
He turned around and I melted into our hug,
Data told me about some of his plans for today, not much was happening today so it seemed like the best opportunity to ask
"Do you think we should tell my dad?"
I blurted out, and he didn't respond for a few minutes, before asking
"Why did you change your mind?"
"I don't want to keep lying to him, I use to tell him everything and now I'm running out before we can even talk"
Data nodded, and we agreed on the best way to  do it, tomorrow we'd approach him after breakfast.

TOMORROW
2nd Person POV

One thing you'd forgotten about when making plans, was that tomorrow was the day Beverly and Jean-luc would be having breakfast together.
The 2 big problems with this is, Beverly wasn't the best at keeping secrets, and she was the first person to know about you and data, so you often went to her for advice.
You'd already left to go see Data, trying to relax and figure out how to say
"Hey dad, I'm dating your Android best friend/ coworker and we've been secretly going out behind your back for a few months"
They'd been eating and talking for about 10 minutes when Jean-luc thought to bring it up
"Do you know what's wrong with y/n? She's been running off so much lately, I just want her to be safe"
Jean-luc rested his head in the palm of his hand, his worry for his daughter hitting him hard.
"Oh I'm sure data treats her well"
Beverly remarked without thinking about it,  however Jean-Luc caught it before she could cover it.
"What's this about data?"
Jean-Luc practically growled, slowly piecing things together.
"Nothing Jean-luc"
Beverly replied anxiously, grabbing a piece of toast and shoving it in her mouth to avoid answering.
"Tell me the truth"
Beverly chewed as slowly as possible, before responding
"Y/n and data are.. dating" she added slowly, recoiling in case.
"So she's been running off in the morning to go see him?"
Beverly nodded
"Who else knows?"
"everyone..."
Her voice trailed off, now she'd fully gotten out of her chair, seeing the way his fist clenched on the table.
Timing was on nobody's side, because at that exact moment was when you and data came back, ready to talk about things.
Beverly saw you first, and took this as her opportunity to leave.
"Good luck"
She whispered under her breath as she passed by you.
Once the door shut, you passed a worried glance to data who took no notice of it.
"Dad? Is everything alright"
Jean-Luc looked like steam was about to come out of his ears, in what you thought was anger.
Honestly it was just a mix of emotions, happiness for his daughter and one of his close friends, annoyance because he was lied to by his daughter and close friend, and embarrassment that everyone knew but him.
After a quick conversation, that consisted of mostly you explaining everything with data chipping in every once and a while. Jean-Luc was calm again, asking one final question and he'd be done
"Data can you promise me you'll keep her safe"
"Yes sir"