Captain James T. Kirk

The soft petals of the rose garden brushed against your fingertips, the tall grass of the over grown garden brushing against your legs.
The sound of ships whirring over your head only made your heart ache more and more.
The line between yearning for a time gone, and a wish to see him again had been blurred for too long, so many memories held in the wildlife around you, even down to the initials carved into the tree you sat against now.

You were always supportive of Jim's choices, it was even in this spot that Jim told you he was going into space again. 5 years later of almost never seeing him, 5 years of brief messages about how he was, your heart felt empty.
Jim's mom always called it puppy love, she loved telling you about the day Jim came home telling her about the girl he met in school. Now those days were far gone and you were still in the dust.
The sun had set now, the wind was cold but you couldn't seem to move, not that it'd make a difference.
In your mind, you could still see every day you and Jim would come up here, no matter what day it was, even if it was 4 o'clock in the morning or 11 o'clock at night, life had always been difficult but he was more than just your first love, he was the best of you.
Star-fleet had interested you a little bit, but your father's antique shop needed to be run.
Tears stung in your eyes, another ship landed for docking miles away but hope had long since abandoned you.
Standing up, you rubbed your eyes, tracing the rough engraving one more time before setting off back down the hill.
"Y/n! Y/n!"
Hearing the commotion, you took off faster down the hill. Your nearly tripped over your own feet as the warm light of the cottage came into view.
Your father was outside hugging someone, even after 5 years it was still easy to recognize the blonde man with his devastating smile.
"Jim!"
You threw your arms around him, he pulled you in tightly. You never wanted to let go, his sweet scent tinged with whisky filled your nose.
"I'm so glad to see you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you"
Jim spoke between kisses, he didn't want to let you go either.
The 5 years had been just as difficult for Jim too, he'd been so busy in the last months before coming home he hadn't had the time to send messages, he could only hold onto to what he had, and for the most part it was only distant memories.
He'd been to so many planets now, seen so much, and met so many new people but not one of them could make his heart sing like you do, now nothing else mattered, you were with him again.
"Oh I'll let you kids have the house, it's so good to see you again Jim"
Your father left quickly, happy to, knowing his baby was safe and happy again.
Jim couldn't bring himself to pull away yet, still keeping an arm tightly around your waist as he wanted to see the old tree again.
Just like he used to, Jim pulled you down into his lap, one arm wrapped around you and the other gently playing with your hair.
Neither of you spoke for a few moments, Jim had been waiting for years for this moment again, the echo of your warmth on his skin.
"I'm so sorry my love- I should've made time, I just got so distracted"
"It's okay, you're home now, next time, we'll figure it out better, but it doesn't matter the space or how long were apart, I still love you more than anything"
Jim pulled you even tighter too him, before sliding his other arm under your legs.
He carried you back down the hill, you both laughed all the way back into your home. Jim tossed you on the bed before climbing over you.
"You're my angel.. I love you more"
"Not even possible- my angel"