Commander William T. Riker

Every day was starting to blend together on the enterprise.
Wake up
Work
Dream of other worlds
Go to sleep
Well that's what I did anyway, for a good long two months there were no threats to federation space, no threats to any starship of any kind. We just went about our business, gathering information about planets but I knew, I knew there were planets far beyond the reaches of federation space, planets that need our help but we can't do anything because we are duty bound.
I sat in ten forward casually, or at least as casually as I could sipping on some orange juice when Guinan sat down in front of me
"Hello Lieutenant Y/n, or shall I call you The Explorer?"
I looked up at her confused, how could she know I wanted to leave?
"How?.. how do you know I want to go?" She made herself comfortable, knitting her hands together on the table.
"When people come in here and look at the stars normally they're just thinking about things, you've come in here every single day and looked out the stars"
she explained, a hint of a smile on her face.
"I guess I made the wrong choice when I joined the academy"
"You? Making the wrong choice, not possible!"
I turned around to be greeted by a smirking Will Riker.
Guinan left and Will took her place, he seemed just a little to smug for my liking.
"What are you doing?"
I asked Will who just brushed off a waitress asking what he wanted.
"You were late for your shift, and then I hear you say that you made the wrong choice at the academy. Although I do know you aren't going to leave"
An act of anger I leaned up to his face, albeit good looking face and whispered
"Then I resign"
I got up and walked away not going back to my quarters to pack anything.
I took a shuttle and started running, and that's what the last four years have been. Traveling, saving people, saving planets that federation couldn't even begin to dream up.
I loved every second of it, I even started going by a new name The Traveler, everything was perfect. I didn't forget my friends on the enterprise but I knew I couldn't go back.
But my plans changed when I felt a phaser being pressed into my back.
When I turned around I was greeted by a shocked Will Riker,
"I'm guessing I went a bit to far into federation space? Oh no matter"
I brushed him away and went down a corridor
"Four years!"
I waved my hand at him to signal to be quiet
I listened and when I heard what was going on I turned and whispered
"Go, leave this planet and never come back"
I turned around and went to leave as he didn't get a say as the transporter pulled him out of the room
"I'm sorry, my love"