Doctor Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

I set down the clip on earrings I wore, my Vulcan ears were extremely sensitive to things like that.
Something deep in me stung as I heard that, dreadful woman talking to bones for longer than she should've.
As illogical as it was, the sound of her voice triggered a different kind of anger in me.
I changed into my uniform, since I was about to start my shift in the med-bay I also didn't realize that by the time Bones had joined me in our bedroom I was angrily shoving my dress back into the drawer
"I have a stranger feeling you're upset about something"
He asked kindly, coming from behind and gently kissing my cheek
"This feeling is illogical bones"
"Do you think I care?"
He left my side and I could hear him going to change into his Pajamas.
"I do not like that horrible woman, the way she looks at you is as though she thinks of you as her boyfriend"
I turned back around to see bones beckoning me to sit with him, I complied gently sitting down next to him
"I love you very much you know that? You're very Sweet, caring, but for a Vulcan you're dead stupid if you think I'd give you up for some woman who I met four hours ago"
He slid his hand underneath my hair, pulling me closer until his lips smashed against mine.
I pulled away first, when Bones placed my communicator in my hands
"Time to go y/n"
He shoved me off the bed, pulling the covers up and turning over pretending to be asleep
"Goodnight Doctor McCoy"
I left the room and set off to my nightly tasks, I was filing out some paper work when the red alert siren began to go off. Almost like a fire alarm at school I wanted to cover my ears and leave the room.
The ship was steady as a large flow of injured crew members entered the med-bay, I got to work quickly not wasting time as I moved from patient to patient as efficiently as possible.
"Are you okay?"
One of the nurses asked me as I froze over Bones body, he was out cold covered in blood.
"Yes, continue with your work"
I lifted him up onto a table and focused all of my attention on him, two other nurses practically pulled me away from him so I could work on some other patients.

A WEEK LATER

I filled out some forms in Bones' office, well it was mine until he woke up.
"Ma'am he's awake"
A nurse knocked on the door, and practically flew out of my seat.
Bones stirred, I injected a hypospray into his neck and watched his vitals like a hawk until I heard him weakly whispering
"Y/n?"
He lifted his head up, and I didn't really think about it when I smashed my lips against his.
"Ma'am we need your help over here"
A nurse beckoned me over, and I pulled away from him quickly.
It took almost four hours before I could come back to Bones I was checking over his vitals as he had gone back to sleep.
"Hi again"
His arm wrapped around me and pulled me down onto the med table with him. I didn't fight back, wether or not it was my tiredness or my urge to be with him I couldn't tell.
He started coughing roughly, he sat up to try and stop himself for the time being I reached over and could only rub small circles on his back and hold his glass of water for him while he drank from it.
"You know when we got attacked I was only coming to see if you needed my help"
He whispered still, my heart was in pain at the sight of him so weak.
"I do not wish to see you hurt ever again, I have told you before of the strength of Vulcan emotion and seeing you in pain therefore makes it much harder to control it"
He brushed his fingers through my hair, and I felt tears pricking in my eyes.
When we met I was still living on Vulcan I was going to be accepted into the Vulcan science academy when they learned of my connection to Bones they refused to allow me entry, deeming it the biggest weakness a Vulcan of my intelligence and possibility could have, falling in love with a human. Leaving so soon also meant I couldn't finish my lessons in controlling my emotions, I asked Spock If he could help me but neither of us had finished our lessons.
I was taken out of my thoughts by bones brushing the tears off my cheeks.
"You're still a stupid Vulcan but I love you"
"I'm your stupid Vulcan"