Commander Spock

I always assumed that my commanding officer held no sense of friendship with me, of course we always had polite conversation and we worked well together but we don't communicate after that.
So I guessed that when I agreed to go on a very dangerous mission, one that was almost impossible to come out of alive that there would be no problem.
The captain was briefing me on the mission
"So, your job is to get in to the Blue zone neutralise the volcano and get out of there quickly, If something goes wrong I need you to get here. It's the only place that isn't affected by the storm"
I nodded, Spocks timing seemed almost perfect as he came right as Kirk warned
"Y/n, you know this mission is dangerous there is a high chance that you won't come back. Please be safe"
I nodded
"Of course captain"
I looked over at Spock who had stayed silent
"You'll be leaving in 20 minutes, report to the shuttle bay as soon as possible, you're dismissed y/n"
I nodded and stood up smiling at Spock as I left, I heard him follow me so I decided to keep walking until I felt Spock grab my shoulder and turned me around to face him
"I cannot allow you to do this"
"Spock I'll be fine, I know what I'm doing" I replied trying to hide my surprise
"4 other scientists have attempted this experiment and each of them have died, volcanos are highly unpredictable and you have zero experience with volcanoes"
His voice got faster as he got more agitated.
"I'm aware Spock but If I am successful then no one else dies and we save the native species"
I tried to stay calm even though I was beginning to get a little impatient.
"We are riding a thin line from breaking the prime directive the federation could send other scientists"
For once his voice seemed to be slower than usual
"So who should go then! You? You're way to important to star-fleet to risk your life again"
The frustration was beginning to show in my voice
"Well you do have a tendency to jump into things headfirst" he responded with a slight sarcastic tone
"I'm sorry Spock there is no logical way to get around this what will be will be" I calmed down quickly and so did he.
He let me go quickly, however he stayed with me through every preparation until I had to take off.
The mission was surprisingly quick, I was moving faster than i ever have before and things were all going well.
So when I was back on the shuttle had landed on the ship again I was putting away my heat suit when Spock came in the room
"You made it back" he pulled me into a hug, I dropped my suit on the floor and soaked in the rare emotional outburst from Spock.
"Spock are you running a fever or something" I put my hand against his forehead, actually concerned about Spock he pulled my hand away
"No, y/n I am suffering from an illogical thought that will not go away however the more I think it through I do not want it to"  Spock held onto my elbows sort of like a hug.
"I love you y/n" he whispered