Lieutenant Commander Data

Data lifted my daughter, Lucille up and set her on his hip as he helped me bake.
Things were going fine until I heard a metal bowl rocking around and dust cloud billow, except it was a flour cloud.
I doubled over in laughter, when I turned around Data and Lucille were covered in a layer of flour. I tried to pull my self together enough to help clean them up.
Through out the whole day I'd just been thinking about how data had played such a role in my life, and my daughter. Her father had left before she was born, so Data started helping me with somethings around the ship.
I will never forget the way data looked at her when she was born, even though he couldn't feel emotions there was a hint of pride with data, Data suddenly became a total father figure for her.
I always had a little crush on data but I didn't want to drag him into a family.
After we cleaned up, I had put the cake we made in the oven and put Lucy down for her nap, I joined data on the couch some Tv program playing in the background.
"Thank you for today data"
He put his arm around my shoulder and snuggled closer to me
"You are welcome y/n, I enjoy spending time with you and Lucille"
I opened mouth to speak before a sudden loud cry interrupted me, both of us jumped up at the speed of light.
"I will see what's wrong" I stood by the door as data walked in. He cooed at her gently putting her back to sleep, I bit back an audible awww as I watched Data gently rock her back and forth he hummed rock a bye baby for a few minutes before she finally fell back asleep.
Data and I sat back down on the Couch, trying to be as careful as possible.
"May I ask you a question y/n?"
I nodded as I pulled a blanket over my legs
"I would like to spend to more time with you and Lucille, she is like my own daughter I want to help you care for her"
He explained, his face lighting up at the mention of her name.
"Of course Data! You don't have to ask you're practically her dad already"
Data raised his eyebrow before asking
"If we started going out, would that cause a problem?"
I shook my head no and suddenly he leaned forward a kissed me, not holding anything back, the kiss was harsh but passionate.
"We should've done that earlier" I giggled as we pulled away from each other
Another cry broke out from the nursery before data could reply.