Captain James T. Kirk

A/n: mentions of bullying please don't read if that's a trigger for you

Dragging my pencil over the paper I had zero inspiration for what to draw I just wanted to do something useful for a bit. Coughing into my jacket as dust circled around me. People rarely come in here seen as it is one of the last library's with paper books on the planet and it provides a nice get away for the anti-socials.
"Oh, honey you need start talking to people, making friends. Library's like this are no place for young girls like you to be wasting away" the older librarian came up to me.
"I'm alright here, really it's not a problem most of my friends are out on my home planet"
"Still people like you deserve friends and people to talk to" she turned away as a sign of ending the conversation. Visions of home kept clouding my vision they never seemed to stop. I missed home so much and with the treatment I receive here I think I would rather be home.
I held my books close to my chest as I walked as fast I could. When quite suddenly my books were thrown out of my hands and I was shoved off my feet making hard contact with the ground"stupid!" And " ugly" were the only words I heard as I was kicked and punched until I heard a new voices shouting
"Hey! Get off her!"
A new presence shoved them off me and fought them off until the rest scampered away. "hey are you alright?" a mans shadow blocked over the light.
"No my books are all over the place and someone kicked me in the ribs"
The man smiled down at me before helping me up leading me back to the library
"my name is Jim Kirk what about you?"
He spoke calmly like he did this everyday.
"Y/n l/n, I'm in the academy too" he smiled as he cleaned the some of the blood from my eyebrow.
"Yeah, that's how I know you actually I've seen you around " I felt my cheeks heat up I thought carefully over my next words "I heard you had quite a reputation with women" I mumbled not looking up to me his gaze.
"Well now that you're here I want to ask you to dinner" he asked me politely.
"I think that would be nice"
"There is a beautiful restaurant, I found out about it through a friend" Jim spoke as though he was poet.
"Sounds lovely, I think I have the perfect dress for such a place" he smiled
"I can't wait to see it"
He rang out the cloth over the bowl. My eyes flicked over and in the corner I could see the librarian smiling as she shelved more books
He walked me back to my dorm just chatting and Jim gave me more details about this date.