Lieutenant Commander Data

I hummed along to a tune, with its name long forgotten trying my hardest not to get bored as I sorted through new supplies for engineering.
As a gift the federation gave every ship new medical and engineering supplies, there had been different reports that some of them were faulty so everyone has been running around trying to fix them. The lower ranks got to spend most of the day either sorting through the engineering supplies or the medical supplies.
Data sat with me going through medical supplies, I went through the engineering supplies running a thousand tests on each.
"Geordi is taking me to get drinks in ten forward would you like to come with us?"
Data asked breaking the silence between us.
"Sorry Data, I have to work double shifts to make up for the tasks I missed doing this"
"You know you don't have too y/n"
Geordi appeared out of nowhere setting down another malfunctioning tool.
"I came over here to tell you I'm ordering you to take tomorrow off"
he added before disappearing again.
"Maybe we can do something tomorrow Data?"
I shrugged and Data nodded
"I have an idea for tomorrow" Data didn't give me anymore details
"Is it a surprise?" I smiled warmly to Data.
"Yes, I would suggest dressing comfortably is all I will tell you" I giggled to myself and went back to work.

**TIME SKIP TO TOMORROW**

I sat comfortably in my quarters my favorite music blasting, candles lit, and every pillow imaginable resting behind me.
I almost fell asleep when a loud beep interrupted me
"Come in!" I shouted stretching to look like I was somewhat awake.
"Hello y/n, I've come to escort you to the holodeck"
I smiled at Data
"I should probably get changed first" Data nodded and went down the hallway aways.
"Dress comfortably alright" I whispered to myself getting up to my closet.
I pulled out a dark blue flannel and black leggings and dark boots presentable and still comfy.
"Can you tell me anything about the holodeck program" I pleaded with Data as we walked to the holodeck his replies were only
"No" or "I can not tell you"
When we arrived the door opened to reveal a black convertible car parked at the edge of a street like the ones from my home.
"Woah" I smiled as I spun around the familiar cold air felt good as I took in my surroundings.
Data helped me into the car and got into the driver seat.
He turned the car radio on and Riptide by Vance Joy blasted out of the speakers. I smiled up at Data as he focused on the road ahead.
I sang the lyrics loudly and horribly but I didn't have a care in the world, as the day turned into night the songs slowly turned more romantic. Data pulled onto a cliff over looking the ocean of my home.
Can't help falling in love with you by Elvis was playing as Data and I watched the stars.
"Thank you for this Data" I leaned on his shoulder he reciprocated by leaning his head on my head.
"You needed my help and I have been programmed to always help when I am needed"
I snuggled into Data closer and he wrapped his arm around me
"I can't help falling in love... with.. you.." I sang along turning to look up at Data taking in his features.
I smiled when I heard Data whispering along
" I cant help falling in love.. with.. "
As Data sung he returned my gaze slowly leaning forward, he didn't finish as he closed the gap between us.
As the intensity grew I pulled away breathless gently pressing our foreheads together.
As the song came to end we finished it together
"I can't help falling in love... with.... you"