Commander William T. Riker

"This Captain l/n of the U.S.S Yamato come in enterprise" I called to my sister ship the U.S.S enterprise.
"This is Captain Picard we are ready to transfer"
"So are we captain" I stood on the Transporter Pad my first officer Commander Jones watched next to my chief of transport. To help train captains the federation has come with this exercise of captains of sister ships for example captain Picard and myself to switch places.
"Energize"
It felt as though I blinked and I was on the other ship. I recognized Counselor troi and Doctor Crusher from my own experience aboard the enterprise.
"Counselor! Doctor! How good it is to see you again"
They uncomfortably acknowledged me with a simple Captain. I led myself to the bridge the doors slid open Wesley crusher smiled at me "course is laid in captain"
"good, warp 7 mr crusher"
"Aye aye captain" the boy responded "it's good to have some compassion" I smiled at the boy.
"Broadcast ship wide for the record" I turned to Lieutenant Worf as he the opened a channel.
"This is Acting Captain L/n I will be your Captain for a Week as Captain Picard will be on my ship, we will be dealing with a Romulan threat on a federation outpost, this will not be an Easy mission be prepared l/n out"
My crew mates looked at one an other before I continued my orders.
"Data how long tell we arrive at said coordinates"
"Continuing at warp 7 it would take 25 minutes ma'am"
"Good, Commander with me" I went to picards ready room as that way the best place for me to go to speak with him quietly.
"I have only been captain of the Yamato for a year and a half and everyone here already hates me, I wasn't expecting a warm welcome but things could have been nicer" I blurted out the second the door closed.
"Y/n You did not become close friends to any of us, you only were aboard the enterprise because your brother thought it would be a good idea for you to learn a bit more about captaining"
"Says you!" I shouted like a child angry that of all people he thinks I didn't get close to any body
Riker softened up upon seeing my true emotional state pulling me into a hug.
"I know we ended things when I left but i can't stop myself from thinking about you" I hugged him back
"I can't stop thinking about you either, but you're the captain of another ship the only times we would be able to see each other is if you send out a distress call or if we dock at the same outpost and we were on the same rotation" Riker was sad that this was the truth but had to try to accept it.
"I know I know, but there are so many couples where one works in the federation well the other is on earth"
"Y/n we've already talked about this" Riker sighed
"Captain we are receiving a distress signal from the Yamato" Worfs voice took over the comm. I walked out of the room and sat down in the captains chair.
"Can you play the message on the main viewer"
"On screen"
The.. my bridge was destroyed burnt up. Commander Jones and Captain Picard looked like hell. The bridge was mostly empty with only the needed crew members.
"Captain Picard What the hell did you do to my ship"
Before he could answer the romulans hailed us only sending one message.
Ieiuqh warp drive avaihh'etrehh-capable rrhiet khina htaodt'ia'rhoinnie uaefvalhuneitrde'h'n aeht
Your ship will be destroyed
"Shields up! Red alert!" I yelled, Sirens blared
"Mr Crusher, Warp 9 any threat to the Yamato destroy it" my hands clasped at the edge of my seat.
"Captain ease up" Riker pulled my hand off the edge of the chair.
When we arrived there was 40 odd missiles flying at my ship Worf destroyed them with ease, anger fueled a fire in me.
"We are being hailed captain"
"Main viewer"
"Captain Pica- oh Captain l/n what are you doing aboard the enterprise"
I recognized the romulan commander Jarolk We had many run ins it seemed as though he had a personal vendetta against my ship ever since I became a captain.
"And why are you Jarolk trying to destroy my ship" I questioned him with a question of my own
"I don't want to end this in more bloodshed" he put his hands up in defense.
"Well we can always die together. Mister Crusher set us on a collision course with the warbird"
"You wouldn't" he tested me
"Both crews aboard The enterprise and the Yamato are prepared to die.. are yours?" I put up my best poker face suddenly jarolk cut the transmission.
"They are powering weapons down" 
I almost laughed in joy.
"Yamato how are you doing" I called to my ship
"We are a little scratched up, but we have had no casualties" Jones responded to me.
"Transporter room i want Picard back here and I want to be back on my ship" Chief O'Brien responded to me with a simple yes captain. I turned to the turbolift doors when Riker jumped in.
"Captain before you go may we have a word"
"Computer halt"
The turbolift stoped and Riker pulled me into a kiss tangling his hands in my hair.
"We can make it work" Riker spoke.
"But you said it would be to much of a challenge on us both"
"To hell with that"
Riker hugged me
"Continue" I told the Computer Riker hugged me close to him. He walked me to the transporter room and pressed his lips to my forehead.
"Goodbye my love"
"For now"
I closed my eyes and opened them back on the Yamato.
"We have a lot of work to do" I spoke to commander jones.
"Don't we"