Doctor Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

I twisted my thumbs waiting for the shuttle to take off as small whispers of conversations swirled around me when a man and a ship attendant started arguing.
"I don't need a Doctor dammit I AM A DOCTOR!!" He screamed at her
The woman kept encouraging him to get back to his seat getting more stern by the second.
"Sir for your own safety I need you to sit down or I'll make you sit down" she commanded him.
He made eye contact with me before he begrudgingly sat next to me.
"I may throw up on you"
He grumbled, I scoffed at this guy
"I think these things are safe"
"Don't pander to me kid, 1 crack in the hull and our blood boils in 18 seconds" he continued on and on about the dangers of space.
"Sorry to interrupt your rant, but I've already been briefed on space safety and the dangers"
He smiled at me.
"So if you're so scared of space then why did you chose to come to starfleet" I asked
"Got no where else to go 'the wife took the whole god damn planet in the divorce, all I got left is my bones"
He took a swig from his small flask and gestured at me. I gently took it out of his hand and cheers to him "Y/n, Y/n L/n"
"Leonard, Leonard McCoy" he responded and I smiled at my new friend.

TIMESKIP

"James Tiberius Kirk you get back here right now!" I chased after him. After he had stolen my book an attempt to get me to go to a party with him. Jogging turned into sprinting as he turned the corner and he slammed the book into Bones' arms and Bones took off running.
I stopped to catch my breath
"god dammit"
I breathed out.
"Bones please!"
I pleaded with him as we ran Jim was no longer in sight" I tripped over a rock and as I braced for hard contact with the ground a pair of arms wrapped around me.
"Where are we?" I asked bones as he kept his arms around me in a hug.
"I had to get Jim's help for this but I decided I'm going to do it the way I want to Y/n will you go out with me?" He gave me a hopeful look.
"Of course" a smile crept over my features.