Lieutenant Commander Data

Being the youngest kid on the enterprise was a blessing and a curse.
Mostly Data looked after me, no one ever told me why just something about how he was on the away mission when my parents died.
Wesley beat me by a year and a half but we don't talk much so it was never really a competition.
Most days were good, those were the days when Data and I would stay up all night, I would show him movies, he would help me with my school work, occasionally we would talk about emotions.
Today was not one of those days
On a rare occasion I got to go down to a planet, I went thinking everything would be fine. I've never heard of these people before but that shouldn't be a problem.
Things were going good, the people were kind and gracious.
Until I made the mistake of commenting on the princesses' dress I thought it was pretty, just pretty was not what she wanted to hear.
The chase that ensue was so epic, I dodged their laser fire left and right, I rolled through alley ways and was about to get free of them when we got hit, right in the fuel tanks.
Thinking quickly I veered into left lane right where they were, effectively crashing us.
When I woke up I instantly recognized the med-bay sitting up a bit I threw my legs over the side of the bed, A nurse walked over and gently pushed me back down on the bed.
After a few hours I was allowed to leave the med-bay, I went straight to Data's quarters without a second thought.
"Data!"
I shouted through the door when the door opened data seemed relieved, surprisingly
"You are okay?"
I nodded as he embraced me in a hug emotions quickly turned to data aggressively wagging his finger in my face.
"That was irresponsible, you could have died y/n"
"Beverly told me that this is how parents reprimand their children"
he added quietly, I smiled as he lowered his finger pulling me into another hug.
"Your parents died in a very similar way, they died in the crash when they woke up your mother begged me to take care of you, I promised her I would keep you safe"
He whispered, holding my head he gently kissed my forehead he pulled away again.
"I'm sorry data I didn't know, I just wanted to get out of there and I didn't think of a safer way"
I explained following him, sitting down on the couch
"It is okay, next time I just need you to be safe y/n"
I smiled as I rested on Data's shoulder
"Goodnight my darling"
he petted my hair and adjusted slightly
"Goodnight data"