Captain James T. Kirk

"Captain!"
I screamed when Jim jumped on me out of no where. The tool in my hand fell to the floor with a loud clatter.
Jim was in hysterics, he was bent over clutching his stomach with laughter.
I put my hand over my heart calming my breath.
"Oh.. oh y/n that was the best reaction I have ever gotten"
Jim wheezed, I couldn't help but smile at the image in front of me.
"Don't make me break your ship"
I returned his playfulness and to the work I was doing.
Jim and I had been friends for years before starfleet and in that same amount of time, I've had to watch him fall for every woman that walks past.
Jim wrapped me up in a hug from behind as I studied the wires in an opened panel.
"You're rather cuddly today, Captain?"
I asked him
"You're fun to cuddle with" he responded quietly
"Mmhm"
I responded to him and he buried his head in my neck
"Y/n, I've been thinking.."
"Oh good god... Jim's been thinking"
I gasped dramatically, wincing just as dramatically as a light slap connected with my shoulder. 
"Honestly.. I have I have"
Jim's communicator beeped loudly from his pocket.
"Captain report to the bridge"
Spock called for him. Jim apologised before leaving
"I'll be back, I promise!"
he called as he disappeared behind a closing door. I sighed and nodded the ship unsteadily rocked under my feet moments later.
"Jim- wait a..."
As the words left my mouth, a crack thundered though the room i was in before I went flying into the wall, slamming my head hard. The whole world went black.

"Jim! med bay now!"
Bones barked into his communicator, just barely conscious enough to hear his efforts, my hand raised to his but the air left me quickly when I saw my bloodied, cut up hand on his.
"Oh stop fighting the anesthesia, I'm trying to save your life dammit"
"J-J..."
"He's coming, just breath y/n and let me do my job"
The world went dark again momentarily, until your ears seemingly woke up again to hear Jim's voice fighting over the sea of others in the room.
The world went dark again before he could reach you.

**TIME SKIP**

When your body hit the wall, your head connected with the open panel but as you laid unconscious on the ground your tools scattered and cut you up too, with the combination of nothing soft to land on and the shaking ship you were cut up pretty bad.
"Well you'll be happy to know that she is going to make a full recovery, she just needs some rest... like the rest of us"
Bones mumbled the last part, handing off your medical report.
"That's Fine bones... Fine"
Jim chose to ignore the last half of that sentence. He skimmed through it, not really in any kind of mood to imagine you in that kind of pain.
He rubbed his temples in anguish, for the last two weeks he spent his nights wishing he'd thrown his communicator across the room, taken you in his arms and confessed his love for you.
Had he asked you to come with him, had he done anything you wouldn't be in the med-bay half alive.
"Jim... Jim! C'mon she's waking up"
For the first time in two weeks, Jim's eyes lit up.
His legs carried him through the halls, his hopes raising quickly as he almost elbow checked some poor ensign.
Your eyes were softly open, lips parted as you took soft breaths.
Jim looked like a wild man but the joy on his face was unmistakable.
Even though your throat was super sore, you let out a laugh holding your hands out to him.
Jim was so excited he practically flew from the floor to your bedside.
"Oh y/n, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you"
In your surprise, it took you a moment to register what he said but with an unyielding smile you whispered back
"I love you too Jim"
He connected your lips feverishly, years of pent up passion coming up into one moment, Jim's mind so overloaded with love and caring you were the only thing that could occupy his mind, your smile, your eyes, every little line around your gorgeous lips when you laughed, he had been an idiot for the past and as the thought of being your idiot for the future he practically melted into a puddle.
"Alright already, give my patient some room to breath please"
Bones protested, smacking Jim with a clip board.
Instead of accepting the abuse however, Jim snatched the clipboard out of his hands looking back at you with a look of fear before he took off running
"Get back here you corn fed country bum!"
Reaching for a cup of water next to you as you coughed, laughing hard at their retreating figures.