Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Rain softly patted against the window, complimenting the music swirling through the room. The soft blanket covering your bodies created a perfect sanctuary to the cold in the rest of the room.
The bed was angled in the corner of the room, allowing you to watch the passing cars in the moonlight. Jean-Luc was softly snoring as he slept, his arms still wrapped around you protectively as you rose and fell with each breath he took.
He stirred gently, before sleepily murmuring
"Princess- you need to sleep"
He pushed your hair away from your temple before pressing a kiss there, snuggling his face into your neck.
"You need it more, you're the one leaving next week"
"Is that what's bothering you?"
The sound of your rings clicking together took you out of the moment for a second, it was a fast wedding with only a few friends as your witnesses, you cherished the memory all the same but it wasn't as comforting as you thought.
"I'm sorry, I know I'm being paranoid"
You were staying grounded at starfleet next week and Jean-Luc was starting his fieldwork.
If you were to have faith in anyone, you knew it could be him, faith that he'd come home, faith he'd get the job done, but still the danger of the unknown plagued your mind.
"No, you don't have to apologize, I know it's scary, but we'll be okay"
Turning towards Jean-Luc, you held his face in your hands pressing your forehead to his, still in the dim moonlight you could see the shadow of the bruise on his cheek.
You'd been enjoying a night out when suddenly a fight started, a couple of punches thrown, some broken glass, and a few ice packs later, Jean-Luc had come away from it with only a few bruises.
"Promise me, on our love, promise me everything's going to be okay"
Jean-Luc's face changed, finally waking up enough to understand how deadly serious you were.
"I swear, princess, I swear on everything in this universe, we will be okay"
Pulling your lips to his, he pulled you impossibly closer to him, his hands desperately grabbing onto whatever part of you he could.
"I love you, y/n- I love you so much I married you because I don't want life without you"
"I love you too, you're my best friend dummy, that's just what makes it so damn difficult"
"What so difficult?"
"Loving you so completely"
Turning over completely, both of you readjusted so that your ear was over his slow, calming heart-beat.
The rain still beat against the window, and cars still drove past but as sleep slowly took over you, your thoughts froze and your heart felt reaffirmed, We will be okay, We will be okay.