Captain Jean-Luc Picard

A/N: Mentions of verbal abuse please do not read if that is a trigger for you

My heart felt like stone as I handed the captain a report from engineering my lungs felt like they were closing. My anxiety surrounding the captain was 10 fold I never said anything to anyone about it.
"So Lieutenant, would you like to join us on Alpha 3?" I came back to the conversation
"Yes" I didn't hesitate even though I wish I did.
I took some of my medication before going to the transporter room. When I got there the captain and commander Riker were already on the transporter pad.
"Something wrong?" The Captain asked me as I joined them
"No just nerves, I don't go on many away missions for a reason" he smiled at me Riker chuckled at something and gave Chief O'Brian a look like this is going to be fun
"Energize"
When we arrived on alpha 3 we were greeted by a small party 2 men and 2 servants who didn't look human and 1 woman who was undoubtedly pretty, the kind of pretty that made me wish I had brought the rest of my medication.
"Greetings madam counselor" the captain went to her first which for some reason made my stomach drop.
"Hello"
"Hi" the men greeted commander Riker and myself we shook hands with them and I greeted the servants until one of the men stopped me
"We don't know their language we never bothered to learn" he came off as rude so I pressed on
"Hello.. my name is Y/n what is your name?" The servant turned to me and spoke clear English
"We are the servants of M'Qav you will help us"
Both of them took one arm and began to carry me away
"Captain!" I struggled and tried to reach for my phaser
"Stop!" Different People yelled or tried to stop them but they flicked them off like mice.
"Tell me where I'm going!" I yelled at them getting really annoyed
"You are going to M'Qav" they said over again until they threw me into a pit 36 feet down I was unconscious before I hit the ground.
When I awoke in the damp cold cave I tried to move when I realised I couldn't feel my legs I strained to throw myself into a more comfortable position.
I saw my communicator neatly placed on the floor and I stuck my arm out but it was to far away. I struggled to no avail when I looked up I saw the light again this time it was not from above but from the wall. This time one was carrying some one new and 2 plates of food.
"We brought you company and food" they set the man down and the food down in front of me
"Captain" I scooted myself closer to him, gently slapping his face to wake him up
"Y/n.. Y/n!!" He saw me and straightened up
"Are you alright" he touched my arms and shoulders
"No, both of my legs are broken" he looked out at my out stretched legs.
"Number one went back to the ship hopefully he will get us out of here" the captain looked around.
"I really wish I brought my meds" I broke the silence the captain looked over at me.
"You need medication?"
"My anxiety" the captain gave me a quizzical look and I smiled
"I'm scared of being judged, failure, public failure, and asking for help" I explained to him
"You shouldn't be scared of failing, it's what makes us human"
"Well I'm scared of it, I I I" I interrupted him and stuttered
"Can I tell you something strictly between us"
The captain nodded
"My step father, was a drunk verbal abuser he purposely never raised a hand to us so we couldn't do anything. It still scars me the sound of his voice YOU ARE A FAILURE YOURE STUPID" I mimicked the captain seemed obviously sadden by this.
"Y/n you are not a failure or stupid you graduated star fleet academy and if my memory serves me correctly no one from your direct family had such accomplishments did they?" I shook my head no when I looked back at the captain something seemed to change he wasn't the authority figure I'm scared of but a man trying to comfort me.
"But that doesn't me I'm smart or clever or special" the captain got closer to me
"Yes it does! It means you can think and work on a starship which is not something a lot of people can do" the captain stopped and suddenly stared at me things I never noticed before came clear and I realised I had feelings for the captain more than just feelings of cardiac arrest.
"I.. um.. thank you" I came to a conclusion when suddenly the familiar voice of Commander Riker sounded above us
"Hey Captain! Y/n I brought some help!" The Commander yelled Data, Doctor Crusher, Worf, and a few of those from alpha 3 showed up.
"Her legs are broken!" The Captain yelled data and Riker talked about something I couldn't hear then suddenly Data jumped down.
"How are you Y/n?"
"My legs are broken and I was shoved into a pit, I'm sure you could guess" I gave data a smart Alec answer and he just shook it off. He lifted me up and the captain was being helped up by alpha 3 guards.
A week later the captain was always taking time to roll me around the ship. I knew my feelings for the captain grew each day. On one specific stroll the captain took me to the holodeck specifically to watch some old Shakespeare plays. More specifically King Lear
I looked over and saw Jean-Luc mouthing the words I smiled when he turned to me super embarrassed.
we both smiled in the dim light of the theatre I gently slid my hands over his hands and he whispered
"Next time we'll go to Macbeth"